NVIDIA GeForce Release 178.24 WHQL

THX

it doesnt worth to download tho i got 178.15 and

Adds support for newly-released GeForce 9-series motherboard GPUs.

dont care about

Thanks for the heads-up! I thought we were due for another driver release; heck, I was just checking nVidia and Evga just a couple of days ago, but, of course, there was nothing. :D Hopefully these work good... :)

After a little modification to the nv_display file to install on my Dell laptop (stupid restricted drivers) I got it installed on my D820 with an NV120 card, seems to work fine.

yeah, what happened to the days, when device driver fitted easily on a floppy?

thanks though for the heads up.

At least they fit on a USB flash drive. I fear for the day a driver takes a gig or two. :blink:

At least they fit on a USB flash drive. I fear for the day a driver takes a gig or two. :blink:

by that time we would already have 4TB+ drives as a standard (since i dont know what kind it is HDD or SDD or something freash ;P )

The unofficial version of the "Big Bang II" drivers have been leaked. Big Bang I was when SLI support was added to the drivers. Should be interesting to see what performance enhanments come with 180/ Big Bang considering Nvidia is calling it that.

just installed them and my driver versions say 178.13 and not 178.24???

This is the first time updating to the 178.x so it's not older drivers hanging around... anyone else see this?

yeah, what happened to the days, when device driver fitted easily on a floppy?

thanks though for the heads up.

i agree cause lately the driver size balooned up quite a bit vs not long ago... something aint right.

cause driver v175.19 (37MB) to driver v178.13 (83MB) ... that's a huge spike in size for pretty much no reason :(

I'm currently playing thru KotOR again, first time in a couple of years. I'm using 169.21 on a 8800GT G92, and I'm getting artifacts, flashing shadows, and hangs. Restarting the game doesn't fix the display, a reboot is often needed. My thought is they only debug drivers for recent games (e.g., HL2 and D3 worked fine of my rig), and that older games may not work on new graphics cards. Very annoying!

this is interesting.

Includes several 3D application performance improvements. The following are examples of improvements measured with v178.24 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver:

* Single GPU increases up to 11% in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)

* Single GPU increases up to 11% in Assassin's Creed DX10

* Single GPU increases up to 15% in Bioshock DX10

* Single GPU increases up to 15% in Call of Duty 4

* Single GPU increases up to 8% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

* 2-way SLI increases up to 7% in Bioshock DX10

* 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts DX10

* 2-way SLI increases up to 12% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

* 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in World in Conflict DX10