British Burglar Says 'Sorry' With Flowers

LONDON (AP) -- A repentant robber in England sent his elderly victim a bouquet of flowers to apologize for frightening her, police said Friday. A 91-year-old woman received the flowers and a note after confronting a burglar in her home around 4 a.m. on Oct. 9, police said.

The card explained that the burglar thought the property in Halifax, about 200 miles north of London, was empty and apologized for breaking in.

Police said the woman was ''very shaken'' by the confrontation.

''Whoever did this has a conscience, and feels guilty for what he has done,'' West Yorkshire Police Det. Insp. Tony Nicholson said in a statement.

Police said the burglar fled the house empty-handed and appealed for him to come forward.

source

Atleast hes got enough balls to not turn himself in... which is more like common sense

i've always wondered -- how can one be retarded enough to turn himself in?

haha just because a poor guy has to steal to make a living doesn't mean he is a bad person. yeah he is a retard for not making anything better out of himself but he is still a human being and can feel bad about scaring children or old women.... i applaud him. turning himself in is a retarded idea.

See this sounds stupids but years ago Criminals and indeed many of the Career Crims, worked to a sort of code. I.e dont **** with women, children. Only fight with rivals, not innocents on the street. etc etc

So its nice to see a guy show some common decency, mind you breaking into folks homes is a bit undecent. But hey hes got morals obviously. Probs he kind of guy who wouldnt want to intentionaly break into an old single womens home, and would rather burgle folk who could in a way take the loss better (successful couples, business men/women).

See this sounds stupids but years ago Criminals and indeed many of the Career Crims, worked to a sort of code. I.e dont **** with women, children. Only fight with rivals, not innocents on the street. etc etc

So its nice to see a guy show some common decency, mind you breaking into folks homes is a bit undecent. But hey hes got morals obviously. Probs he kind of guy who wouldnt want to intentionaly break into an old single womens home, and would rather burgle folk who could in a way take the loss better (successful couples, business men/women).

it's still fully functional now, at least over here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vor_v_zakone

He still robbed from a 91 year old. Theres no moral code there no matter how you freaking spin it.

He still robbed from a 91 year old. Theres no moral code there no matter how you freaking spin it.

well,from what i understood he didn't rob, he probally just wanted to hang out in an empty apartment :p, take a ****, W.E

^ I agree. He never took anything and stated that he thought the place was empty, which indicates he may have been looking just for a place to stay.

But if that was the case, he is most likely homeless, which would mean... where did her get the flowers?

^ I agree. He never took anything and stated that he thought the place was empty, which indicates he may have been looking just for a place to stay.

But if that was the case, he is most likely homeless, which would mean... where did her get the flowers?

The flowers were, stolen .... :shifty:

:whistle: