Is your CPU overclocked?

Is your CPU overclocked?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is your CPU overclocked?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

i'm gonna be OC'ing my new 2100+ as soon as i get it put together. i should be able to get an extra 500-600MHz, with no heat or stability issues, so it's worth it to me.

P4 2.4 overclocked to P4 2.6

512MB DDR RAM for now

Video card not worth mentioning, but I'll be getting an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB or better eventually.

Not by a whole lot. Check my sig. But once I can replace my 64 MB PC100 with a PC133, then I'll try overclocking my CPU to 600 MHz. Mind ya, I'll be getting a new processor in April 2004.

I used to fiddle with my old Celeron300A (very oc-friendly), but nowadays, I don't think it's worth the trouble. My CPU doesn't feel as much as a bottleneck anymore... I'd prolly benefit more from a new 3d-card, better/more RAM, new mobo etc...

Have O/Ced in the past, don't really need to do it BUT wanted to see what I could stabily get the CPU to...

P4 2.4 to 2.85 Air cooled

Why O/C you CPU? Well, given that cpus of different speeds are really the same chip, just sorted differently, it's almost like its your responsibility to get the most of your money. I've been running my Athlon 1133 @ 1200 or 1333 for a year, no problems, and while 2mhz won't help you, 200mhz certainly will

:cry: i can't change the fsb with my bord and the fan isn't very good too :cry: :cry:

i had an PIII 866 @ 975 :happy:

XP 1800 OC'ed to 2050 (orig 133x11.5 now 146x11.5)

My system runs stable, and I keep my temps cool. Under load I rarely break 45C so I am not worried.

I am getting a Barton 3ghz, and I hear they run cool, but are bad overclockers.

I am getting a Barton 3ghz, and I hear they run cool, but are bad overclockers.

Well if it's at 3 Ghz, you don't really need to OC it :p

[off-topic]

Love the sig :D

[/off-topic]

nope, afriad not.

as much as i'd love to (and i got the time to do it) i don't have the money for what'd be involved.