[Official] Resident Evil 5

Here's the demo

Included languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish

http://rapidshare.com/files/170485824/Bioh...Demo.Multi6.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/170485113/Bioh...Demo.Multi6.r00

http://rapidshare.com/files/170485548/Bioh...Demo.Multi6.r01

http://rapidshare.com/files/170485941/Bioh...Demo.Multi6.r02

http://rapidshare.com/files/170485991/Bioh...Demo.Multi6.r03

No this isn't illegal, no it won't get you banned, and no you don't need modified firmware.

All you need to do is burn it to a DVD.

By the way, to burn this make sure this is the structure

\ Content \ 0000000000000000 \ 434387F2 \ 00080000 \ F1DDFE89B7AB645A93E17B12DA7D915 88B3255A343

This is basically Resident Evil 4 HD :rofl:

Heavy Co-Op presence which I guess is good in today's climate where everyone goes crazy over it, but I'm not fussed I always enjoyed RE as a complete SP experience.

Some pretty bad graphic tearing, but I'm sure that will get fixed.

Other than that nothing surprising, I hate the realtime inventory system though, even if it's suppose to make things more "realistic".

I'll keep playing!

Did everyone just give up on RE5 or something? :laugh:

Thought it was crazily sought after and we've had two comments on the demo.

Maybe because we all don't want to go through hoops to get it :p

I'm sure you know how to work a torrent and have a DVD burner Rappy :p

It's not illegal, you just need to download it and burn to a disc!

I am not seeing its hard to burn something to DVD its just that I will wait for the demo to XBL after all what do I pay for Gold for :p demos and such!

I am not seeing its hard to burn something to DVD its just that I will wait for the demo to XBL after all what do I pay for Gold for :p demos and such!

Well it IS the XBL demo :p Just taken from the Japanese store. It's in English though.

And you'll probably be waiting till 2009 for this to hit the UK marketplace.

Just thought with the hype surrounding this, more people would want to get their hands on it!

Well it IS the XBL demo :p Just taken from the Japanese store. It's in English though.

And you'll probably be waiting till 2009 for this to hit the UK marketplace.

Just thought with the hype surrounding this, more people would want to get their hands on it!

I hope its going to be worth it :p

Haven't really been keeping up with this game ... but are we going to see a demo on the PSN?

Yeah, US/UK XBL/PSN demos dates TBC. They are coming though.

It's not an exclusive

Update: Capcom has confirmed to Shacknews that the downlodable Resident Evil 5 demo will hit both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in North America, though there is no announced timeframe.

The company hopes to pin down a specific demo date "soon," noting that the North American demo will arrive later than the Japanese version. Capcom also reaffirmed that Resident Evil 5 is on track for a March 13 release in North America and Europe, despite Capcom Japan bumping the Japanese release up to March 5.

Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56112

Fair enough. Maybe if someone kept the topic up to date :p

I'm looking at you Black Beard (Draken)!

Arrgh! :pirate: I'm on an ethylic weekend sorry, rum rum rum, damn!! where's my eyepatch :laugh:

Played the demo and I feel this is not going to be a good Resident Evil game.

There is so much wrong with having a second character controlled by the CPU.

She seems to be programmed to stand 1 foot in front / to the right of you blocking your movement.

She wont stay with you, so when fighting a boss she will run off and get killed. Its hard enough looking after yourself, but a suicidal partner really doesn't make the game fun.

You cant really command her to do much

She steels your ammo all the time

In something like Ghost Recon having team mates was a good idea, you move slowly, set up cover etc... In RE5 thats not possible given how the infected move and the environments. She really is a hinderance.

In Co-op mode its a different story as a second human can understand you / what needs to be done and wont necessarily stand next to the explosive barrel overtime you want to destroy one.

They also need to figure out shoot and run, or at least move with the knife out. Swipe, knock back infected, put knife away, step forward, take knife out, swipe, knock infected away, put knife away, step forward, take knife out... It makes no sense and really puts you in unnecessary danger.

This really is one step back for the series, 4 was awesome.

^

Yeah my feeling exactly.

Looks like Capcom just want to chase after the whole co-op craze that's going about just now (everything must have co-op111!!!11). I wouldn't of minded seeing as people go bananas over co-op, it's good for them, but it would've been nicer to leave people who enjoy RE as a SP game to play themselves!

Or play themselves for most of the game, with the little scenarios that usually have you helped/aiding a CPU character for a short while.

With the amount of changes this series has gone through, it might as well take a different name than RE.

In one way that saddens me as RE1-RE3 = :heart:

RE4 was awesome for what it was, an action game, not survival horror but it was the first glimpse IMO that the name could've been completely changed.

RE5 so far seems to be pretty much RE4 HD, but with co-op now the main factor.

This has gone from must buy, to being a bit more cautious now till release for me.

I enjoy co-op, but I feel it's far too forced in RE5 in regards to where the RE roots started and the fans expectations following the game.

Played the demo and I feel this is not going to be a good Resident Evil game.

There is so much wrong with having a second character controlled by the CPU.

She seems to be programmed to stand 1 foot in front / to the right of you blocking your movement.

She wont stay with you, so when fighting a boss she will run off and get killed. Its hard enough looking after yourself, but a suicidal partner really doesn't make the game fun.

You cant really command her to do much

She steels your ammo all the time

You've obviously not watched very much of the development videos or live demos. Sheva can share ammo/herbs with you and will come help if you are being over welmed.

She'll stay with you if you tell her too, so that pretty much mutes the boss battle worries you have.

As for getting in the way, yeah I can see that happening. What co-character hasn't got in the way before :p

Visit GameTrailers and watch their demos of the game (Y) I've not played the demo myself yet, but what I've seen is completely backwards to what you've just said.

You've obviously not watched very much of the development videos or live demos. Sheva can share ammo/herbs with you and will come help if you are being over welmed.

She'll stay with you if you tell her too, so that pretty much mutes the boss battle worries you have.

As for getting in the way, yeah I can see that happening. What co-character hasn't got in the way before :p

Visit GameTrailers and watch their demos of the game (Y) I've not played the demo myself yet, but what I've seen is completely backwards to what you've just said.

Well having played the demo maybe my experience is a little bit more in depth than yours.

Yes she does come over to give you ammo. Except when she cant get to you, it out of reach in a separate part of the level. i.e. you've thrown her over a roof. But I would rather have the ammo than have to wait for her or to fight with the knife to get to her. Its just an extra inconvenience, especially when in the heat of things.

She will stay still for a bit but when you are fighting she is in fight mode and does pretty much as she wants. Twice in 2 separate trys she did exactly the same thing. I got on top of a bus, so did she. Told her to stay. fighting infected climbing up but waiting for boss to walk under a power transformer so I can shoot it down. Next thing I know she is over by the boss getting a kicking. So on her own she jumps down, fights through infected and somehow ends up being attacked by the boss. She then dies and its game over. Even though I did nothing wrong, was setting up a kill shot as its designed in the game and was in a easily defensive position.

Ok it sounds like the same level that was in GT's videos and they never ran into those problems :blink:

Is this the one where Chris and Sheva watched the beheading with the crowd of infected jearing? Then they run after you with the boss using an axe or something?

I'll give it a try later, but like I said, from the live videos I've watched they never had those problems.