• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Images are yellow in Image Viewer.

ChromeX    0

Hello, i noticed that boring problem a while ago, but now it bores me. Why do all the image i view with vista Image Viewer are a bit yellow?

Look on the attached image - on the left there is the original image, how it should be, white background, opened with irfanview. On the right the same, opened with image viewer. what's wrong?

clipboard02kx9.jpg

w800.png

sanctified    1,220

From the top of my head I only can imagine that either irfanview or the imageviewer uses a different color profile.

ChromeX    0

ok i found something in google, saying about the vista color managment, maybe this helps me

sanctified    1,220
ok i found something in google, saying about the vista color managment, maybe this helps me

Could be, the image viewer is part of the system, it would be logical to think its a system color profile mismanagement, but its strange that the yellow tint is present only on that specific app, a system wide color mismanagement would be present in the entire system.

mshepp    0

I had the same problem and it turned out windows update had installed a wrong driver for my monitor. I installed the up-to-date one from the manufacturer and it worked fine.