Are you running at 800 x 600 ?

Question

Are you running at a 800 x 600 screensize ? :unsure:

I am building a personal website and was interested to see how many people still view at this screensize, I personally view at 1024 x 768.

My new site will be viewable at all screensizes but I was just interested to see how many people still use the 800 x 600 screensize.

Kind regards :happy:

Every iMac I've seen up here has been running at 800 x 600 with the exception of one, and I've been into a lot of computer labs. Seems like schools don't want to contend with changing screen resolutions. Haven't been to the university lately, but I think they run either 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 as default. I wish my moniter would support greater than 1024...

Need not put too much effort into compatability with 800 x 600. With bigger and better screens, 800 x 600 is on the way out.

well most people these days run at 1024x768 and those running XP sometimes get windows bitching at them asking them to change to that. i hear that longhorn has a minimum of 1024x768 but i currently run at 1280x1024 because i have a sony flatpanel at 18 inches.

:)

Only really OLD blind people would be running at that low of a resolution - is the site for very old BLIND people? Maybe a retirement home or something?

I'm @ 1024 x 768

But with traffic results on my websites 800 x 600 is still the most commonly used resolution.

so I try to design a site for that resolution.

As far as I'm concerned, all webpages should be made only for 800x600. Or at least put some effort into the html etc. to make it resize to fit all screen modes.

A webpage should be the size of a peice of paper, in a matter of speaking, thus it could be printed onto a peice of paper if need be, and be able to fit.

Remember, a webpage is a document, not a television show, lol.

Or do people think the size of printer paper should be updated too, made bigger to match the resolutions of those big @ss monitors?