Remove Adobe CS4 Drive Context Menu Entry

Any of you who have installed Adobe CS4 will know you will get a context menu entry for Adobe CS4 Drive, even if you chose not to install the actual program so effectively the entry is useless. After some googling and experimenting found two ways to remove it.

1. Install & Uninstall

Install Adobe CS4 Drive using the installer then uninstall it. This seems to get rid of it.

2. Manual Remove

Open Regedit and delete these two entries.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C95FFEAE-A32E-4122-A5C4-49B5BFB69795}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C95FFEAE-A32E-4122-A5C4-49B5BFB69795}

Hope this helps some people.

Use this one instead

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Drive CS4\ADFSMenu.dll"

Gee guys, thank you so much for this tip! I never ticked Adobe CS4 but it's on my context menu anyways, delaying the speed of the menu and it has been getting on my nerves as of late.

Both solutions works fantastically on Windows 7 64-bit, with the latter one completely got rid of the CS4 Drive stuffs!

• 7 years later...

For those still googling this issue: You can also just use Autoruns (or Autoruns64 if using a 64-bit Windows) and delete all the Adobe Drive CS4 entries. Find it here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Make sure you run it as an Administrator.

Note that the program is a standalone EXE and doesn't have an installer; you also have to pick the right one to run (Autoruns64.exe) because there are both 32 and 64-bit versions, plus two more versions for command-line usage.

• DrunknMunky locked this topic