For or against School Sports

Should youth sports be sponsored by schools?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should youth sports be sponsored by schools?

• Yes! Definitely!
    • No! The community should take care of that!

Of course schools should sponsor sports - physical activity is just as important as acedemic activity. The USA is already the fattest nation on earth - with many over weight children. Get active. The cost to society of generations of obese adults is huge.

i think school sports are good...but they draw way yoo much attention....60 year old men shouldnt live and die by high-school and college sports...thats what professional sports are for...i just get really tired of the constant talk about school sports and hearing rednecks say that the kids need to play better...and these kids are in school...where they are supposed to be working...their life isnt to please the fans...they arent even getting paid...

Coming from someone who is still in HS and is on the football and track teams, I think HS sports are great. Not to mention the fact that HS sports get you ready for college level, and they can even, if you're good enough, get you a scholarship :)

NO!!! Obesity should not be a concern at SCHOOLS!!! Schools are a place of learning! not losing weight!!!???

what about learning how to be healthy, learning how to be responsible for your own wealth fare.