ipv4 connectivity problems

alright I'm having some weird issues that are getting me so frustrated. My problem is that up until 2 days ago, I've been able to connect to my Wireless connection no problem, but the last 2 days or so everytime i connect to my wireless with my laptop, i seem to get connected but after a few minutes i notice that the status of my connection goes from:

Ipv4 Connectivity - Local (to be connected to the internet, it should say Internet)

Ipv6 Connectivity - Limited

I checked the details of the connection and the IP address seems to be the right one as it always is 192.168.1.x whatever that would be.

So I've done my searching on google, and found something on the MS website regarding adding a value to regedit under HKEY Local Machine/system/currentcontrolset/services/tcpip/interfaces then it says to look for a (guild) path which i cant find and to choose the adapter im using, and adding a new dword value with the name DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle and decimal of 1.

I hope im getting my point across so far lol. Anyways another thing i've tried was to check and make sure under the wireless network connection properties, i went to Internet protocol V4 properties and also made sure that obtainin an ip address and a DNS server was set to automatic and it was.

Now i have no clue what to do, all i kno is that its pretty frustrating to get disconnected every 2 minutes for no reason lol...Can anyone help me out?

BTW im using a HP Laptop dv2000, with windows Vista. I got the latest wireless drivers installed on my pc,

Hopefully some more information will get you some help.

can you ping the gateway while Internet out? cmd>ping 192.168.1.xx

have you rebooted router and looked for improvement? (router could be problem)

do you have more than one wireless adapter? (disable one while troubleshooting)

can you stay connected to another signal like a neighbors?

Pinging 192.168.1.102 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.1.102: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.102:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

This is actually a new router my parents picked up cuz the previous one broke so i doubt the router is the problem...

i only have one wireless adapter, i dunno if using an ipod touch wtih th wireless connection would count as another one...but that doesnt connect either...

and ive tried connectin to a neighbours connection, i dun have any close in range but i seem to get connected once in awhile otherwise it does the same thing, back and forth from local to internet

Some questions :)

- What kind of router are you using? Like alphamale said, router could be the problem

- Any other computers using your router? Like are there other computers that can connect to internet fine, or do they all not connect to internet?

- Is your computer's IP address always the same, regardless of whether you're disconnected from the internet? eg: Check your IP while it's working fine, then check it again when you're disconnected.

I have a feeling its your router that's not connected to the internet, especially if it was working fine before. Have you already tried restarting your router and your internet modem? (DSL/Cable/whatever)

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem as Robertobaggio2k. However, I am connecting through both a Mac and a PC with Windows XP ok, however we cannot connect with the pc loaded with Vista. It was working before OK but recently I synced a new windows mobile phone with the Vista pc and since then there seem to have been problems. I cannot connect from the mobile device to the WIFI either.

Were there any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Thanks

So your gateway, ie your router is 192.168.1.102 -- thats seems ODD... You sure you were not just pinging yourself?

Please post the output of your ipconfig /all

As to the MS article your reading about vista and issues with dhcp servers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233

Its not guild its GUID.

Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}

In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey that corresponds to the network adapter that is connected to the network.

A GUID, or "Globally Unique Identifier" is a unique number that windows creates for a particular almost anything like a network interface, application, user, etc.

You need to find the "subkey" that matches up with the interface your using to try and get a dhcp with. And then place that DWORD in there.

For example -- on this laptop under that key, this is the GUID for the interface that is being used. You need to search thru these GUIDs for the one your using for this connection.. It may not be the first one.. But you should be able to figure out which one is for the interface your using to connect.. One way to do that is to set a static IP for the interface, and then look for the GUID that shows that static IP set.

post-14624-1228750822.jpg

I would also suggest you disable IPv6 if your not actively using it.

• 2 years later...

Same issue as what? The guy from 2008 that I would assume was pinging his own IP and not his router.. And never got back to the thread?

I posted a screen shot of exactly where the reg path is :blink:

I don't very much that is your issue to be honest! Why don't you create a thread with the details of your problem and lots of people will be happy to help you.