Just bought a D80 body, but wasn't expecting...

Ok, first off i saw a good looking deal for a second hand D80 body, which is a slight upgrade from the D50 i currently use. I'm not a massively passionate photographer so it'll do me.

Anyway, it came with a free memory card (2GB) which was all good, it worked perfect. The problem began when my curious nature got the better of me, and i thought "i wonder if previous owner took any nice photographs?". So i load up my image recovery program that came with my Sandisk SDHC card and scan the card... it found some photos.

To my shock and horror, these weren't pictures of flowers, buildings or fields, but instead a naked man lying on his bed. These images are now burned upon my retina and have scarred me for the rest of my life. Curiosity definitely killed this cat.

In summary, i shouldn't of tried to recover images from someone else's card. I have now learnt my lesson. Im sorry.

Suffice to say, the card is now formatted and zero'd.

oh my god.. I don't know whether to laugh or wretch.. If I were you I'd throw out that memory card, dunno what dirty hands have been touching it (excuse me while I actually wretch now).

haha that is hilarious. What a school boy error not to format the card before selling, especially if he knew he'd been taking those kinds of pics!

You should have posted the picture online. I would have. LOL.

haha that is hilarious. What a school boy error not to format the card before selling, especially if he knew he'd been taking those kinds of pics!

The previous owner probably did format the card, the pictures will still be recoverable though.

You should have posted the picture online. I would have. LOL.

i'm not cruel enough to post the pictures. if your that interested i could probably email you a few if ya like?? :D

The previous owner probably did format the card, the pictures will still be recoverable though.

exactly, he should of zero'd over the data.

If I were you I'd throw out that memory card, dunno what dirty hands have been touching it.

Throw the body as well. :x

yeah, how did you know???? it also smelt of cheese for some reason...

:x it gets worse. LOL.

Now that's messed up. I would never recover images from someone else's memory card. Regardless if I bought it from them or not. It's their privacy, and invading it just seems wrong to me. I wouldn't want someone to look over pictures on my formatted memory card. I'm not saying I have pictures of naked men, but that's not the issue here.

You did what you did and I guess you should learn from that, haha. Curiosity kills the cat (most of the time).

Now that's messed up. I would never recover images from someone else's memory card. Regardless if I bought it from them or not. It's their privacy, and invading it just seems wrong to me. I wouldn't want someone to look over pictures on my formatted memory card. I'm not saying I have pictures of naked men, but that's not the issue here.

You did what you did and I guess you should learn from that, haha. Curiosity kills the cat (most of the time).

believe me, i have truly learnt my lesson.

i also admit i shouldn't of done it, but curiosity compelled me.

So I read this RIGHT after eating my lunch and almost :x man oh man.. It's kinda like a lottery though, what you were HOPING for was some nice naked pics of a woman.. Don't lie... But you rolled the dice and lost big... :p

i'm not cruel enough to post the pictures. if your that interested i could probably email you a few if ya like?? :D

I hope you are kidding, and you really didn't keep those pictures saved :LOL:

Ouch. I wana rofl all over this thread but I feel too bad for you. Rofl.

I have no idea what I'd think if that happened to me. All you wanted is some nice pics xD

LOL at the OP. I can just picture your face when loading up the picture(s) hahahahahaha.

the face should also be mouthing W.....T.....F!

I hope you are kidding, and you really didn't keep those pictures saved :LOL:

and yes, i kid, i kid.

as mentioned earlier they are well and truly deleted/zero'd/trashed.