Vista + Total Commander

Hi!

I have a problem, that after I succesfuly install the Total Commander under Vista it doesn't allow me to change any settings, it doesn't allow to save it to the totalcmd.ini (or whatever file), it says it's write protected, and first I have to remove write protection... Why?? I install the program, I am the administrator, and I want to use what I install.... Anyway, I tried policies, etc. etc. etc. but couldn't figure out how to make it work normally....

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

goto the folder using explorer.

right click the ini file, select properties.

set the security ownership to all users and select "allow" press ok.

the ini-file can be saved / altered by all users.

Yeah, my last post wasn't detailed enough. I did this step (and tried a lot of other, too) but without success.

Isn't there a way to make Vista to see that, "hey, this guy installed this app, maybe I should allow him to modify whatever he wants in this app?"

My ini is installed in the "program" folder (selected during install of totcmdr).

By default it's installed into the windows folder.

Maybe the windows folder won't allow any file altered by "users" even if the permissions are set.

Now it seems to work. The error was: I use PowerTC, a modified, extended version of Total Commander, and it had two "ini" files, wincmd.ini.xp and wincmd.ini.vista. I had to rename the last one to wincmd.ini and give the necessary permissions and now everything is working fine. :)