KDE = boy & Gnome = girl?

I thought girls would be attracted more to KDE than Gnome because of all the eye candy, the silly dragon mascot, and bright, colorful icons. Gnome has that dirty, plain, "keep it simple" aesthetic to it that would bore women in minutes.

I thought girls would be attracted more to KDE than Gnome because of all the eye candy, the silly dragon mascot, and bright, colorful icons. Gnome has that dirty, plain, "keep it simple" aesthetic to it that would bore women in minutes.

There are people out there who find feet to be quite erotic. I'm up for giving a foot massage and what goes with that but I don't think my choice of Gnome is based on a foot fetish (though I fully respect those out there who want to express their fetishism for feet). :yes:

I would definitely think the opposite - KDE is way to eye-candyish for a guy...Gnome seems more professional, more polished. Typically (no offense) I wonder why a guy would use KDE with all of the cartoon looking icons and such... but to each their own.

What an odd analogy. Last time I checked desktop environments didn't have a gender?

My take on it:

KDE - offers tons of settings to tinker with - great for males who enjoy tinkering with stuff.

Gnome - limits the number of settings you can fiddle with - great for females who just want things to work.

I would definitely think the opposite - KDE is way to eye-candyish for a guy...Gnome seems more professional, more polished. Typically (no offense) I wonder why a guy would use KDE with all of the cartoon looking icons and such... but to each their own.

Yeah, I used KDE for a while, but I eventually got sick of it. I then just went to Gnome and stuck with it.

never met anyone using KDE... but i always thought the baby blue colors are more girly. and yes you are mad.

lets backup a second. girl using linux? who is forcing her? haha now that's sexist.

Yeah, I'd definitely think the opposite. KDE is all bubbly and pretty whereas Gnome is clean. I can't stand using KDE. Gnome all the way.

But then... you can't argue with letters that have penises I suppose. *shrug*

I never thought about it but I met a girl who uses KDE and it seemed a strange choice... for a girl. I don't want to sound sexist but I guess I thought KDE was more 'masculine' than Gnome. If she'd have been using Gnome, I wouldn't have thought about it at all. What do you think? Am I mad?

:huh:

I never met a girl who uses Linux, MacOS yes quite a few. I like KDE, its so pretty, Gnome is so... rigid :)

OS X is very popular with the ladies.

Any time I drop by the local Apple Store, it's usually full of women.

If you like XFCE -- then you will like LXDE...

http://lxde.org/

<snip image>

You mean if you like Openbox, then you will like lxde.

LXDE is Openbox. Add in a pretty theme. Include a word processor. Voila! You have an over-rated (in my opinion) environment, since it is really just Openbox.