SOLVED: TCP/IP Patch for Windows 7 - Event ID 4226

Does nothing of worth just like the XP version.

It is a very useful utility if you are using P2P programs and surf the web simultaneously. I didn't get the point in your message. These patches, since the XP version (all of them, not only this one specificly), are a MUST for users heavily browsing the net and doesn't want to get stuck by the event ID 4226..

Andac

i said it a million times before , this patch helps nothing except put your and others computers in risk.

I tested with XP sp1 and sp2 and vista rtm and sp1, doesn't do anything.

why would you even want half open connections?

Are you joking or haven't you ever used P2P programs while trying to browse the web? Just try it sometimes. of course you can wait for your browser to load pages if you have enough patience but else than that, you have to have your half open connections limit set high for a healty surf and download experience..

Andac

Are you joking or haven't you ever used P2P programs while trying to browse the web? Just try it sometimes. of course you can wait for your browser to load pages if you have enough patience but else than that, you have to have your half open connections limit set high for a healty surf and download experience..

Andac

I never use these patches and browse the web fine and download at my connections limit, all your doing with this is reducing the security of your PC.

i said it a million times before , this patch helps nothing except put your and others computers in risk.

I tested with XP sp1 and sp2 and vista rtm and sp1, doesn't do anything.

This patch or similar patches doesn't RISK you computer or others' at all!! Where do you get stuff like that people!?

I can prove how useful such patches are but if you don't prefer to use them, it is your decision and I respect it. But in many scenarious I can easily create, you need these patches.

Andac

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Limited number of simultaneous incomplete outbound TCP connection attempts in XP SP2:

Detailed description

The TCP/IP stack now limits the number of simultaneous incomplete outbound TCP connection attempts. After the limit has been reached, subsequent connection attempts are put in a queue and will be resolved at a fixed rate. Under normal operation, when applications are connecting to available hosts at valid IP addresses, no connection rate-limiting will occur. When it does occur, a new event, with ID 4226, appears in the system?s event log.i>

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Limited number of simultaneous incomplete outbound TCP connection attempts in XP SP2:

Detailed description

The TCP/IP stack now limits the number of simultaneous incomplete outbound TCP connection attempts. After the limit has been reached, subsequent connection attempts are put in a queue and will be resolved at a fixed rate. Under normal operation, when applications are connecting to available hosts at valid IP addresses, no connection rate-limiting will occur. When it does occur, a new event, with ID 4226, appears in the system?s event log.i>

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

I would really like to make a live experience with 2 same computers, with one with tcpip patch and one without. Then we will test the internet, download and P2P experience and compare the satisfaction and successfull surfing and download results..

Ok, I agree with the paragraph you found, I admit that knowledge comes first but experience always shows the real result!

Andac

I found that these patches didn't do much for XP nor Vista. At most, it allowed torrents to accelerate to a high speed faster, but that was about it. It didn't change my surfing experience, neither my torrents actual max speed.

WHAT TCPIP PATCH DOES DO:

- It shortens the time that P2P programs reach their max download speed.

- It accelerates the speed of torrent downloads if you are downloading two or more torrents simultaneously AND have the RIGHT OPTIMAL SETTINGS for your torrent utility.

- It reduces connection errors in web browsers, if you surf the net and download with P2P programs at the same time.

- It shortens the totel time that your computer needs to make every kind of IP based connection that you commanded.

- It stops the event id 4226 in Windows system log to happen.

WHAT TCPIP PATCH DOESN'T DO:

- It doesn't increase your internet connection speed above the max you pay (or whatever).

- It doesn't make P2P program to download from slow slots more faster.

- It doesn't improve your computer's performance.

More to come if it comes..

NO :no:

- It accelerates the speed of torrent downloads if you are downloading two or more torrents simultaneously AND have the RIGHT OPTIMAL SETTINGS for your torrent utility.

- It reduces connection errors in web browsers, if you surf the net and download with P2P programs at the same time.

- It shortens the totel time that your computer needs to make every kind of IP based connection that you commanded.

Not in anythign you will ever be able to measure, though i you had a bechmark test uilt into the app, you MIGHT be able to see it...

No, just no

again, no, not really no, but then again, I don't get error in my web browsers, learn to set up your torrent clients properly to no break your internet.

Stop making **** up. you're talking 1 to a few ms per hour in total here.

Hey look at that, I have a correctly set up torrent client, I dl 10+ torrents at full speed cappign my line AND I browse the web just fine and play online games at he same time. WITHOUT EVER having an event id 4226 in my event log.

Learn to set up your client properly to not rape you internet, it's not just windows this effects, having that many half open onnections can cause problems slowing down or causing error on your itnernet further down the pipe, such as the router and the modem to.

WHAT TCPIP PATCH DOESN'T DO:

- It doesn't increase your internet connection speed above the max you pay (or whatever).

- It doesn't make P2P program to download from slow slots more faster.

Just like with a peorperly set up cliet, it also doesn't make you donwload faster from even the best and fastest torrents.

- It doesn't improve your computer's performance.

More to come if it comes..

Now go set up your client properly. And you odn't have to modify system files or do **** your internet connection won't like very much.

I had the problem with event id 4226 with both XP and Vista.

If I have only 5-10 torrents in the list then everything it's ok, but when I reach 25-30, I can't do anyting, not even open yahoo messenger.

I tried limiting the utorrent at 2 half open connections @ 1 Mbit...nothing, the first moment I open utorr everything is going down and even if I turn off utorrent, it takes about 5 minutes before I can open a web page. Also without the patch I got a lot of 4226 events in event viewer and 0 with the patch.

Now I have 101 torrents in the list all seeding, and web surfing is normal, It's like I never opened uTorrent.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have friends and they have about the same amount of torrents in the list, and couple of thousands of mesages in event viewer , but they can surf the web (quite poor though), and some other friends that are in my situation(vithout the patch they can't do anything).

sorry about my english...

Edited by darth_vader