• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Skydrive help

Question

thealexweb    204

I want to use the SkyDrive add-on for Windows Explorer. I've heard you can download it and install it, but I can't find it anywhere. It's really well hidden. If anyone has a link to it or knows where I can find it I would be very grateful.

5 answers to this question

Emile    1

http://get.live.com/skydrive/overview

when you go to add a file to one of your folders, you will see the option to install the upload tool.

EDIT: I just realized that I half-read your post...you wanted the addon for Windows explorer. I actually didn't know there was an addon for windows explorer. Sorry for being no help.

Edited by Emile

+BudMan    3,720

And what addon is this? -- You "heard" of it -- if so then where is it? yes there is LOTS and LOTS of talk of integration with explorer.. That does not mean its available.

Why don't you ask these people you heard it from where to get it ;)

The latest blog update about skydive

http://skydriveteam.spaces.live.com/?_c11_...%26ayear%3d2008

Dated Nov 12 makes no mention of explorer integration

thealexweb    204

I first read about it on wikipedia, it is ActiveX based and I have seen pictures of it so I'm quite sure it real, but since there's no link perhaps the service has been pulled.

+BudMan    3,720

Yes there is a activeX control -- you can install.. Emile already went over that.

post-14624-1226770641.png

This is the only mention I see of any type of addon on the wikipedia page.

BTW your not going to see that option to install if the browser your using does not support activeX, ie if your using FF you will not see that. I fired up IE just to show you exactly where it is.. Is that what your talking about??

thealexweb    204
Yes there is a activeX control -- you can install.. Emile already went over that.

post-14624-1226770641.png

This is the only mention I see of any type of addon on the wikipedia page.

BTW your not going to see that option to install if the browser your using does not support activeX, ie if your using FF you will not see that. I fired up IE just to show you exactly where it is.. Is that what your talking about??

Sorry for causing confusion I was in Firefox and I thought IE Tab was switched on but it wasn't. Thanks everyone now I can upload with ease, looking forward to 25GB of space free... With the individual file size limit be going up as well?