yes another ubuntu 8.10 thread

what is up with ubuntu & kubuntu 8.10 ? for some reason when it boots the progress bar will get stuck and i have to press a key on my keyboard to get the boot to fully load. after boot it works fine through ? is this some sort of bug ? i know linux mint and ubuntu 8.04lts always worked fine. :(

is there anything i can do to fix it ? maybe its a kernel issue ?

plus i thought the wifi was suppose to work right out of the box with 8.10, it does not for me and my laptop ?

Edit the grub boot configuration file /boot/grub/menu.list so you can see what's going on behind the bar (probably some service is not loading right).

Just add the quiet option at boot to the end of the boot line, should look something like this:

title		   Ubuntu 8.10
root		   (hd0,0)
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz root=(hd0,1) vga=791 quiet
initrd		  /boot/initrd

After that done reboot and see what is causing the boot freeze.

Edit the grub boot configuration file /boot/grub/menu.list so you can see what's going on behind the bar (probably some service is not loading right).

Just add the quiet option at boot to the end of the boot line, should look something like this:

title		   Ubuntu 8.10
root		   (hd0,0)
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz root=(hd0,1) vga=791 quiet
initrd		  /boot/initrd

After that done reboot and see what is causing the boot freeze.

i think it may be my usb hub but it works under 8.04 so its gotta be a bug, right ? what about the wifi ubuntu promised would work without madwifi drivers ?