How much memory do you prefer?

How much memory does your WINDOWS XP system have?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. How much memory does your WINDOWS XP system have?

• 64mb (Least supported)
    • 128mb
    • 256mb
    • 384mb
    • 512mb
    • 684mb
    • 786mb
    • 1gb
    • 1+gb
    • 2 or more gb.

dude you would be a lot better off if you took out the 128 and 64....it slows you down a lot because of the swapping from different sticks

really? I dunno, a lot of games I play really lag down at 256... my system has been having these interrupt points where it locks up for like a second, u think that's the ram?

i think 1 GB or even 512 MB is enough!!! Why do you need so much memory tho?

Found a great deal on 512 sticks, and I have 2 slots open ... so... gonna fill 'er up while the price is right:woot:t:

dude you would be a lot better off if you took out the 128 and 64....it slows you down a lot because of the swapping from different sticks

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Memory is a POOL doesn't matter what or where it comes from.

i'm wondering why people would think others are showing off when they say they have 1 or 2 GB of memory. i mean, why not? if people have the cash and they want to upgrade their system a lil bit, ram is the common way to go.

come on, don't be jealous of what others have. if you think 512MB is good enough for you, then just stick with it.

Someone please tell me why they need 1 gig of RAM??? Where are you using that for? I have 512 mb and I think that is enough for anything, my PC hardly swaps.

Someone please tell me why they need 1 gig of RAM??? Where are you using that for? I have 512 mb and I think that is enough for anything, my PC hardly swaps.

True. If you're not seriously into gfx or audio processing, 512 is more than enough. Someone said 768 mb to be the minimum for a games machine. Heh :) Yeah,right!

True. If you're not seriously into gfx or audio processing, 512 is more than enough. Someone said 768 mb to be the minimum for a games machine. Heh :) Yeah,right!

Well I use alot of Photoshop and Maya Unlimited, so I am into graphics, but going from 512mb to 1gb, would that be so much faster... I doubt.

Even when I use Maya and Photoshop at the same time it doesn't seem to swap much.

I perform many testing using VMware workstation or Virtual PC and sometimes will need to have 3-4 VMs running together, 2GB is quite normal for me.

For other people who doing a lot on photo-touching, open a 400MB TIF is quite normal.

However, I agree that most people should see no slowdown for causal usage (like word processing, Internet access) with 512MB. :)