att's new cable modem network

do you guys think this is a temp cable network because i cant download over 120kb/s and i cant access alot of webpages and **** i hope its a temp network because my att@home was awesome i got 600kb/s downloads now this bullcrap ;

I'm thinking it's going to be like this for a while until ATT brings out some new packages featuring higher download/upload rates.

The majority of people that had @home had higher DL speeds (myself included). I'm going to miss that speed, but I sure as hell ain't going to dial-up.

@Home went out on me about 2 months ago, i used to get 700-800k/sec downloads.. then they switched to this new company CableOne, upped their monthly rates $10, and brutally slaughtered my speed, 40k/sec MAX.

And your ****ed with 120k/sec? i say shut your trap doom.

Now im on DSL, 70k/sec max but somtimes i can pull 300k/sec.

Dial-up is terrible i know, but I know some of you guys are gonna have to deal with that until you get another broadband carrier.

I did the dialup thing for 4 years so i feel your pain. hehe

I am in Dallas and lost service Friday night. I got it back on Sunday and everything was working ok...BUT...I was not able to access any website through a DNS server unless I "repaired" my internet connection in XP. I can reach IP addresses but when it comes to access websites via their names, it can only be done after I release/renew my DNS servers.

It is really annoying b/c I changed nothing between when I lost service and when it came back on. I waited 2 and 1/2 hrs to talk to tech support and we checked my settings which were already correct. I have checked every aspect of my system and I am wondering if this is a Network problem with AT&T.

If you have this problem or know any info please post and let me know. It is really frustrating.

Thanks

yeah well if u guys would have a nice ISP like Shaw@home.com was u would still have ur internet :) i get around 250-600k/sec up AND down and they transfered the whole home thing like 2 months ago when they heard of bankrupcy just to be sure their service would never be interupted :)

i wish i wasnt stuck with at&t. last night they tricked me. they restored the connection for about 8 hours only to take it away again. they are definetly a bunch of *******s over at at&t

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I have at&t and it sucked when it was down for 4 day's but I think it's better than ever now. I was about 7-900 avg. d/l before but now it's like T1 all times of day and night.. I had to use the aol cd for temp svc. This reminds me I have to cancel my free month b4 they charge me