Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

Good movie, but this BEAT The Dark Knight? Noo!!!

Not taking anything away from the (Quality) value of this movie, but it's simply not my taste!

It doesn't have all THAT factors I love movies for...

Good movie, but this BEAT The Dark Knight? Noo!!!

Not taking anything away from the value of this movie, but it's simply not my taste!

Taste has nothing to do with critical thinking.

The direction and craftmanship on this film is beyond anything we saw in 2008, with the exception of The Wrestler. This movie represents the best directing performance by Boyle in years, maybe in his entire career.

It's all very subjective!

Dark Knight was also VERY well directed/acted, so was Doubt, but whatever I guess each to their own taste!

This movie is NOT that better than Dark Knight, even if you take out the Superhero, Action, Special Effects factor leave with just Acting, story, directing, and suspense!

The Dark Knight has all those Qualities I look for in movies, that this movie simply do NOT have!

Dark Knight was also VERY well directed, but whatever I guess each to their own tasted!

I never said it wasnt, I totally LOVED the Dark Knight, but the direction was more linear. SM won it all above everyone else because it merged in a very effective way the directing techniques found in art films with an universal plot for mainstream. These kind of efforts are more and more appreciated by the industry and the public, just take a look at Cannes or at the Oscars (the past two years, the only really fair Oscars in history).

Take a look at movies like Doubt, The Wrestler, Synecdoche, New York, etc. Yes, The Dark Knight was awesome, Ledger waved us goodbye with a memorable performance, believe me that I dont want to take anything from Nolan's work, but in the end it was less inventive or propositive than others.

It's all very subjective!
This movie is NOT that better than Dark Knight

:wacko:

Dude, again I am not saying this movie isn't by any means suck or not good moviemaking.

However, it's simply NOT my personal taste!

And I never said that's not fair!

hahahaha

We are destined to never agree on any media related argument it seems :p

lol, I liked this movie, but personally it only scored a 4/5 with me. I got tons of other movies that got a 5/5 but this movie was kind of boring at times...

Now, 50 First Dates, now THATS another story :laugh:

I am also very annoyed by the choice of Rap/Hip-hop music they used thruout in the movie.

So, for a lot of reasons, this movie is NOT my taste!!!

I am also very annoyed by the choice of Rap/Hip-hop music they used thruout in the movie.

So, for a lot of reasons, this movie is NOT my taste!!!

Say what? They were using music from the Indian culture as well as their version of Club music.

Just watched it. Charming enough movie but seriously, it is not Oscar material. Any Oscar, let alone picture of the year. It seriously seems like any big studio film, no matter how entertaining, is scrutinized to death, while anything that smells like indie is given raving reviews even if there is nothing special about it.

Yup, the Academy just does not Appreciate/Respect a Superhero, Action, Sci-Fi type of movie that's Oscar Worthy like The Dark Knight!

The girl is VERY pretty, too.

Edited by JediXAngel

Yup, the Academy just does not Appreciate/Respect a Superhero, Action, Sci-Fi type of movie that's Oscar Worthy like The Dark Knight!

The girl is VERY pretty, too.

She was at the People's Choice Award screening of the movie during the last day of TIFF, she's got family in Mississuaga.