Anyone knows how this work?

Question

14 answers to this question

By looking at the code, it seems to be done with javascript. If you have Dreamweaver CS3 or CS4 I believe, they have something that does the same thing, combining javascript and XML; it's called AJAX.

thx for link.

looking through now and i think it is gonna take some time to figure it out.

Yeah. There are similar ones available as demos, but none that are the same.

By looking at the code, it seems to be done with javascript. If you have Dreamweaver CS3 or CS4 I believe, they have something that does the same thing, combining javascript and XML; it's called AJAX.

Please don't bring the AJAX buzzword into this, there's no need for additional complexity, plain old Javascript will do all you need.

Please don't bring the AJAX buzzword into this, there's no need for additional complexity, plain old Javascript will do all you need.

kudos++;

That site is a very good example of how javascript should not be used. I agree its pretty cool. But try loading that site with js disabled. You get a brown background thats it. Try loading the site and then disabling js. You get a brown block which implies the site is about photography and not much content.

Javascript should be used to enhance the presentation. In other words the site should be 100% functional without js.

A good idea to over come this problem would be to use js to modify the rules on the fly so that when js is disabled default rules would apply resulting in display of content without the bells and whistles.

This is just my opinion and no I am not trying to put down js or anybody.