[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

Yeah watched it and got it on BD though i've been slightly desensitized to Fanservice. also the OVA was pretty damn epic.

I liked the OVA, and now i want to see season 2, and there are no news when they will start working or release next season.

Any other anime like high school of the dead? not ongoing, the completed ones.

CrunchyRoll.com (All-Access Guest Pass)

52IK5RR1 (All-Access Guest Pass - 48 Hours) Valid until 04/28/12

0O10TYTI (All-Access Guest Pass - 48 Hours) Valid until 05/28/12

Bleach Manga is at a really good point. This new/last arc seems like it is going to be very thrilling. Was always expecting this war... but glad we will get to see it, and that there is a whole arc dedicated towards it.... I just wonder if they will reveal anymore about Ichigo's families past...

I've got a question about the crunchyroll guest passes.. Is it 48 consecutive hours or 48 hours of being signed in? (I'm guess it's the former)

You're right it's 48 consecutive hours.

Bleach Manga is at a really good point. This new/last arc seems like it is going to be very thrilling. Was always expecting this war... but glad we will get to see it, and that there is a whole arc dedicated towards it.... I just wonder if they will reveal anymore about Ichigo's families past...

Can't wait, it's getting exciting and hopefully they'll disclose what secret is Ichigo?s father holding.

alright my anime loving friends. i need some suggestions. i haven't watched a good anime in a long time. radish just recommended imperial boy in another thread so imma look that one up. Anyone else have any other suggestions? I'm looking for movies, not shows, no time shows. I like the psycholigical/violent stuff. My all time fave is ghost in the shell if that helps

alright my anime loving friends. i need some suggestions. i haven't watched a good anime in a long time. radish just recommended imperial boy in another thread so imma look that one up. Anyone else have any other suggestions? I'm looking for movies, not shows, no time shows. I like the psycholigical/violent stuff. My all time fave is ghost in the shell if that helps

You mean "Tekkon Kinkreet" :p

AKIRA, Appleseed (Ex Machina as well), Evangelion 1.0/2.0 and Ghost in The Shell: The Laughing Man (the condensed but brilliant version of Stand Alone Complex 1st GIG into a feature-length film) (Y)

• Like 1

You mean "Tekkon Kinkreet" :p

AKIRA, Appleseed (Ex Machina as well), Evangelion 1.0/2.0 and Ghost in The Shell: The Laughing Man (the condensed but brilliant version of Stand Alone Complex 1st GIG into a feature-length film) (Y)

I have all of those except Evangelion so i'll check those out. And you are right about stand alone complex. Effin brilliant. The animation was jaw dropping. Thanks again! :-) Maybe I should rematch both ghost in the shells... And Appleseed was the one directed by John woo right?

I have all of those except Evangelion so i'll check those out. And you are right about stand alone complex. Effin brilliant. The animation was jaw dropping. Thanks again! :-) Maybe I should rematch both ghost in the shells... And Appleseed was the one directed by John woo right?

No probs and you should rewatch them! :D There are quite a few psychological/violent anime out there but majority of them are shows as opposed to films.

Appleseed Ex Machina was produced by John Woo, he also directed the action scenes in the film.

@rajputwarrior: You should also give Paprika a try, which is a great psychological anime. The original book of it was used as an inspiration for Inception as well. Should give you an idea of what Paprika is about: Dreams. Though very different than Inception of course.

• Like 2

I saw your post in the desktop thread and you mentioned "Vexille". You might like the South Korean anime Wonderful Days (Also known as "Sky Blue" if you like stuff like Vexille. Different art styles and whatnot but it's the plot I'm sure you'll like. Also, I know you don't have time for shows right now but Appleseed as a series being released ever so slowly at the moment. The series is named Appleseed XIII which is a retelling of the manga. All 13 episodes will be compiled into 2 feature length films.

• Like 1

Just finished watching "Tekkon Kinkreet". One word " Awesome ". Art style is really really different and nice, it doesn't feel like you are watching just another anime.

Try Perfect Blue.

• Like 1

Just finished watching "Tekkon Kinkreet". One word " Awesome ". Art style is really really different and nice, it doesn't feel like you are watching just another anime.

In that case, if you haven't already, go give REDLINE a try. I'm sure you'll like it. Great humour, great art style and a great plot.

In that case, if you haven't already, go give REDLINE a try. I'm sure you'll like it. Great humour, great art style and a great plot.

Thank you :), gonna try this one, plus im looking for anime series like one piece ( not ongoing, completed series ). suggestions?

I won't have any suggestions for that as I don't watch One Piece :p

@rajputwarrior: You should also give Paprika a try, which is a great psychological anime. The original book of it was used as an inspiration for Inception as well. Should give you an idea of what Paprika is about: Dreams. Though very different than Inception of course.

I'll give it a try as well.