[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

Actually, you are onto something with that. I had not noticed. Unless he is simply overlaying his worry with a thin veneer of "I do not give a damn".

I kind of disagree. When he lost his powers earlier he wasn't even spiritually aware. Right now with his sword broken he still has all his shinigami powers but he just can't use his sword. Unfortunately he never developed his Kido skills or anything but I'd be willing to bet he can still fight to some extent without his sword. When he lost his powers he couldn't protect anyone from anything supernatural, without his sword he is still powerful and able to protect people from weaker supernatural beings, just not fight the leaders of the enemy.

Perhaps to fix his sword and probably to discuss what just happened and why the quincies are so interested in him.

I wonder why they are taking others too? I can't see them taking them to the palace just to heal them.

Perhaps to fix his sword and probably to discuss what just happened and why the quincies are so interested in him.

I wonder why they are taking others too? I can't see them taking them to the palace just to heal them.

I too thought healing, then came the small matter of the others who are being taken as well....

Did they take Kenpachi?

I thought they took Byakura, Rukia, Renji and Zangetsu.

Either way, we need more of him.

Eh, I was wrong, they didn't take him I guess. But he should be healing up I believe from the last chapter. They said that they hadn't lost anyone, and that only a few were really bad. I'd imagine they would have taken Kenpachi if he was almost dead.

Eh, I was wrong, they didn't take him I guess. But he should be healing up I believe from the last chapter. They said that they hadn't lost anyone, and that only a few were really bad. I'd imagine they would have taken Kenpachi if he was almost dead.

Yeah, they mentioned that Byakuya would have died if he stayed in seireitei and "healed". The fact that they didn't take Kenpachi just means he wasn't in critical condition and will be just fine.

Kenpachi will be back one way or another, Tite has always said he wants to expand on his character and how he's a bit different to the other captains; now it might happen.

Kenpachi will be back one way or another, Tite has always said he wants to expand on his character and how he's a bit different to the other captains; now it might happen.

It would be perfect timing for him to find his Bankai and talk to his sword. He was just mortally wounded, and most seem to reach that level through battles that push them to the extreme.

Exactly, it's time for a new level of badassery from Kenpachi :rofl:

Was Kenpachi even fighting with his full power when he was taken out? We never saw him remove his eye patch, and every frame we see him until one of the last frames where he is defeated he clearly has his eye patch on......so did he never lose it (and the last frame, where it appears gone is due just to the angle or forgotten about?) or did he never remove it? Also, it doesn't seem like he ever wielded his sword with two hands in his fight, but we never saw a majority of the fight.

It's impossible to tell, but I doubt kenpachi was fighting at full power, though it might not have made much of a difference.....if he was defeated that quickly with his eye patch and wielding his sword in one hand, then I doubt he would have stood much of a chance if he lost his patch and used both hands. Though it's possible he just didn't have time to remove his eye patch before he was defeated. I wish we got to see more of that fight to really see what happened.

Though I would love to see Kenpachi's bankai, it wouldn't do much good considering bankai is basically useless against the enemy (though, like the captain-commander, kenpachi's might be too powerful).

I'm still interested in seeing Urahara's bankai....I mean nearly every character who has their zanpakuto and has achieved bankai has shown their bankai (except Aizen, who no longer has his, two of the Visoreds who were captains, and of course Urahara). We have seen how destructive his Shikai can be, and when asked about his bankai for training purposes he responded that it would be "no good". I'm guessing his bankai has so much destructive power that he is afraid to use it anywhere that risks the lives of his friends.

So many things that Bleach needs to answer, it's probably going to take forever to do so though.....I have a feeling Kenpachi won't learn his Bankai, or at least not any time soon. The standard Bankai takes 10 years of training just to properly summon it in combat, then hundreds of years after to master it, and Kenpachi doesn't even know his zanpakuto's name yet (which is why it won't heal the chips in the blade like every other zanpakuto would). Look at Hisuguya, he has had bankai since the beginning of the series and while he has improved the duration he can use it and the power it has, he still hasn't mastered it yet. I doubt Kenpachi is just going to go through some training and pop back into the scene with an overpowered Bankai. Plus, it's said bankai generally increases ones power by 5-10 times, giving that to Kenpachi would make him stronger than anyone else without a doubt.

Was Kenpachi even fighting with his full power when he was taken out? We never saw him remove his eye patch, and every frame we see him until one of the last frames where he is defeated he clearly has his eye patch on......so did he never lose it (and the last frame, where it appears gone is due just to the angle or forgotten about?) or did he never remove it? Also, it doesn't seem like he ever wielded his sword with two hands in his fight, but we never saw a majority of the fight.

It's impossible to tell, but I doubt kenpachi was fighting at full power, though it might not have made much of a difference.....if he was defeated that quickly with his eye patch and wielding his sword in one hand, then I doubt he would have stood much of a chance if he lost his patch and used both hands. Though it's possible he just didn't have time to remove his eye patch before he was defeated. I wish we got to see more of that fight to really see what happened.

I agree. In my opinion, Tite potrayed the fight in the sense to show how strong Juhabach (and the Vandenreich) are as a group. But yeah, Kenpachi never took his eye patch before leaping in, nor did he use Kendo for his first and only attack.

Without his eye patch though, I think Kenpachi would have been able to deliver some heavy blows before being ultimately defeated and that could have been a sweet chapter in itself!

I just recently got into two animes that are really amazing The first one is Sword Art Online The second anime is called Accel World,Anyway I highly recommend both these animes! Im addicted right now awaiting for new episodes!

Anyone watching Sword Art Online? I'm pleasantly surprised it's getting a 15th episode. Does that mean it will go for a full 23-26 episodes like the average series used to? There is definitely more story to be told so I hope so.

I'm into Sword Art Online, Btooom! and Accel World as well as a few other animes/mangas.

Also reading/watching Highschool of the Dead. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is a pretty hilarious anime based on romance.

I agree. In my opinion, Tite potrayed the fight in the sense to show how strong Juhabach (and the Vandenreich) are as a group. But yeah, Kenpachi never took his eye patch before leaping in, nor did he use Kendo for his first and only attack.

Without his eye patch though, I think Kenpachi would have been able to deliver some heavy blows before being ultimately defeated and that could have been a sweet chapter in itself!

Maybe once Kenpachi wakes up we'll get to see a flashback of the fight. I can see that happening.

Watched the 1st/2nd episodes of Initial D 5th Stage in one hit and oh my god it was worth the wait after all these years, more eurobeat/M.O.V.E. is always good! :happy:

Only thing I'm annoyed with is that the series is not getting a regular broadcast every week, instead it's two episodes a month! Which means it will take a year to air (24 episodes), quite silly for a popular anime of the racing genre :hmmm:

Watched the 1st/2nd episodes of Initial D 5th Stage in one hit and oh my god it was worth the wait after all these years, more eurobeat/M.O.V.E. is always good! :happy:

Only thing I'm annoyed with is that the series is not getting a regular broadcast every week, instead it's two episodes a month! Which means it will take a year to air (24 episodes), quite silly for a popular anime of the racing genre :hmmm:

It's not that bad Legend of Galactic heroes was released over 9 years and that was 110 eps and that show pretty much blew everything out of the water even today it's hard to beat in terms of space anim?.

Also am i the only one watching JoJo this season?

It's not that bad Legend of Galactic heroes was released over 9 years and that was 110 eps and that show pretty much blew everything out of the water even today it's hard to beat in terms of space anim?.

That was back in the late 80's and this is 2012; broadcasting a series that already has a loyal fanbase should have a regular timeslot - not staggered over a year on PPV.

But the release method does offer protection from sudden mid season budget drops thus allowing them to put out a consistent quality show also limits the chance of filler episodes and such.

I'd say the likelihood of filler is quite low in 5th Stage as there is more than enough source material from the manga to keep it going consistently in regards to the main plot and fans who have been waiting years (like myself) would like to see anything but filler in Initial D, but I see where you're coming from.

Oh look, you're posting much more in this thread now!