[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

Going through One Piece and it has now Sabo return, he is Revolutionary Army guy now... Amazing...

Zoro vs Admiral Fujitora

Luffy vs Doflamingo

Sanji vs Big Mama ship....

Epic!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the new Bleach chapter, wish Renji ends the the life of that annoying oaf that calls himself a "Superstar" with his new weapon very swiftly :hmmm:

Reading the new Bleach chapter, wish Renji ends the the life of that annoying oaf that calls himself a "Superstar" with his new weapon very swiftly :hmmm:

Agreed. That guy is annoying.

Also the second episode of Ghost in the Shell: Arise is "out". I'm not sure how I feel about this new GitS series yet. I kind of miss hearing the voices that we've associated with the Ghost in the Shell series for the last 18 ish years.

Also the second episode of Ghost in the Shell: Arise is "out". I'm not sure how I feel about this new GitS series yet.

It's been subbed since the beginning of December. I'm waiting for the 4-part OVA to finish, so I can begin the marathon but getting slightly tempted to watch since the 2nd OVA was released.

It's been subbed since the beginning of December. I'm waiting for the 4-part OVA to finish, so I can begin the marathon but getting slightly tempted to watch since the 2nd OVA was released.

I personally couldn't wait to watch them. The next one isn't gonna be out until June at the soonest.

Yup, I'm currently putting the series in the same bracket as the Evangelion remakes, in terms of release dates (though I know these are much shorter). As long as I remember that, I'll forget about them :P

Maybe I should start watching again; haven't really watched anything new for over 10 years.

I walked into an Animate store the other day, recognized hardly any of the shows.

Maybe I should start watching again; haven't really watched anything new for over 10 years.

I walked into an Animate store the other day, recognized hardly any of the shows.

Yup, tons of stuff released in the last decade that will capture your attention (Y)

• 1 month later...

Anyone watching Yowamushi Pedal? On par with Hajime no Ippo in-terms of how immensely exhilarating/tense an sport-related anime (endurance race biking in this case) can be with the classic underdog going to new heights and has one of the best mood-matching OST's ever (Y) :D

Wow, I didn't even know about this thread until now! I really enjoy watching anime but it's really hard to keep up with the happenings in the anime world, I guess due to the language barrier. Where do you guys go to get up on the latest and discovering new shows and such? Some of my all time favorites are Girl Who Leapt Through Time (absolute classic), Wolf Children, Ouran High School Host Club and a few others I can't seem to recall. I really like the ones that give me the feels, but not especially negative ones like Grave of Fireflies, ugh. The genre is called slice of life I think. So based on these, what do you guys suggest I should watch next? Are there any show or movies you believe everyone should at least watch once before they die?

Yay I hope Crunchyroll picks it up again :p

Anyway I still got some guest passes left, anyone interested?

I think that's because there aren't as many interesting anime series this season, at least that's my opinion about it. I'm kinda watching older series that I didn't get to yet every now and then.

Yeah it's not the best season but new animes should be there soon on crunchyroll, for now I'm just watching like almost every anime on CR :p

Yay I hope Crunchyroll picks it up again :p

Yeah it's not the best season but new animes should be there soon on crunchyroll, for now I'm just watching like almost every anime on CR :p

To be honest, I've been out of the loop for some time now regarding anime. Kept an eye on new series but nothing really grabbed my interest. My free time has shifted from some comics + anime to a lot of comics + hardly any anime.

To be honest, I've been out of the loop for some time now regarding anime. Kept an eye on new series but nothing really grabbed my interest. My free time has shifted from some comics + anime to a lot of comics + hardly any anime.

I love manga but I've read most manga in the genres I like already :(

I love manga but I've read most manga in the genres I like already :(

Haha, I didn't mean manga but American comic-books ;) That's a bummer though!

Pass, they send me one every week :p :laugh:

Bleach manga was a shocker last week, Byakuya is back?! :D

Only have one every month :P

I've send you some ;)

Yeah i was kind of excited to see him. Although all i kept thinking was, "i wish Kenpachi would show up".

Yeah i was kind of excited to see him. Although all i kept thinking was, "i wish Kenpachi would show up".

Me too, but great minds think alike with Kenpachi. WHERE IS THIS BAD ASS!?

Only have one every month :p

I've send you some ;)

Oh I meant I get a code every week from them, it's quite annoying to be honest :laugh:

Haven't used the codes you sent over PM, maybe I could stack up my existing codes :whistle:

Watched Hal a month ago. Detailed animation and the story had an unexpected, psychological twist at the end which made you think (always a good thing?).

Me too, but great minds think alike with Kenpachi. WHERE IS THIS BAD ASS!?

I have a feeling he has gotten to a level unseen so far in the Bleach series.....to the point the only ones stronger will be Ichigo (and only because he is the main character) and Yhwach (why else would Ichigo need to become so strong?). He was able to slaughter several Sternritter, who were able to dominate many other captain-level shinigami WITH his eyepatch still on (or at least it looks like it). Likely because he never learned how to use his Shikai or Bankai, so he was an extremely capable fighter without them (unlike the other Captains). This was all before he went on to train with one of the most feared shinigami (the first Kenpachi, you can see the fear Captains have of her at various points throughout the series).

I think we are going to see some of the characters fighting now start to lose in their battles, and this is when Kenpachi will show up and be himself (that is the badass that wipes the floor with all his enemies), and hopefully....HOPEFULLY reveal his damn bankai.....then he will try to attack Yhwach and get his butt kicked (remember, Yhwach grows stronger when each person that he granted strength to dies) and Ichigo will show up to save him.

Or at least that's how I'm guessing it will play out....sadly we have to wait until the other Shinigami get their moment of glory if that's the case. :(