[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

Naruto again  back to old square Naruto vs Sasuke evil.. Damn!!! This week Bleach chapter was too short and lately Bleach isn't making any sense at all to me at least. One Piece is going great as usual.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone remember the link to a website that kept track of shows and which groups were subbing them?  

Are there no Fate fans here? Where's the hype?! I watched Episode 0 yesterday and was blown away. It even surpassed expectations.

I watched it yesterday, eagerly looking forward to the next episode. Is it gonna be weekly or monthly? At 44+ minutes it doesn't seem like a show they can run weekly. 

Then again maybe that was just a special case for the 00 episode?

I watched it yesterday, eagerly looking forward to the next episode. Is it gonna be weekly or monthly? At 44+ minutes it doesn't seem like a show they can run weekly.

Then again maybe that was just a special case for the 00 episode?

Yeah this was just the adaptation of the Prologue chapter from the Visual Novel. We haven't even met the MC yet. The real story starts next week. It will rehash the events up til now from his perspective, and then jump right into the Unlimited Blade Works route assuming you've already completed the Fate route.

Yeah this was just the adaptation of the Prologue chapter from the Visual Novel. We haven't even met the MC yet. The real story starts next week. It will rehash the events up til now from his perspective, and then jump right into the Unlimited Blade Works route assuming you've already completed the Fate route.

I've watched the original Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. I know that Fate/Zero is a prequel to Unlimited Blade Works but I'm not sure what the difference is between Unlimited and the original Fate anime.

Is it just a readaption or reimagining or what?

I've watched the original Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. I know that Fate/Zero is a prequel to Unlimited Blade Works but I'm not sure what the difference is between Unlimited and the original Fate anime.

Is it just a readaption or reimagining or what?

For Fate S/N, the visual novel is the original source material of all adaptations and contains 3 main routes/stories: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel, and should be read in that order. The first route is pretty long and generally contains back stories and character introductions so it's not very fit for TV adaptation.

The original 2006 adaptation by Studio DEEN however tried to mesh all three routes into one and completely butchered it so fans totally disregard that one. Now ufotable, the studio behind the excellent adaptation of Fate/Zero prequel light novel written by Urobuchi Gen, and many other Type Moon games, is properly adapting the second route into two 2-cour seasons, as well as the third route, Heaven's Feel into two movies.

For Fate S/N, the visual novel is the original source material of all adaptations and contains 3 main routes/stories: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel, and should be read in that order. The first route is pretty long and generally contains back stories and character introductions so it's not very fit for TV adaptation.

The original 2006 adaptation by Studio DEEN however tried to mesh all three routes into one and completely butchered it so fans totally disregard that one. Now ufotable, the studio behind the excellent adaptation of Fate/Zero prequel light novel written by Urobuchi Gen, and many other Type Moon games, is properly adapting the second route into two 2-cour seasons, as well as the third route, Heaven's Feel into two movies.

That clears things up a bit, thanks.

Naruto is ending in five chapters :cry:

I know it gets a lot of hate but i grew up with this and was really the first manga i ever read.

It is going to be weird not reading it each week.

I doubt it will end. I bet we'll have another continuation series like from the original Naruto to Shippuuden.

That being said I would love a prequel series about Narutos dad.

I doubt it will end. I bet we'll have another continuation series like from the original Naruto to Shippuuden.

That being said I would love a prequel series about Narutos dad.

It sounds pretty final to me. Although i do hope we'll get another time skip.

The film "The Last" hopefully will end with hope of it continuing. At the moment though November 10th Naruto manga ends!

Bleach manga is "meh" at the moment. Started the second season of Yowamushi Pedal yesterday, no filler and all the adrenaline! (Y)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

There's a new Naruto manga. It's called Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage. It's supposed to be a "short" story but still has an unspecified length. I'm guessing if it's popular as Naruto used to be they will probably continue it for a long time.

The first chapter is out already.