[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

Yes, that's true, but they've also said just as many times that no one knows where and what the One Piece even is.

Well, duh. That's the point of it being a treasure. Hence, pirates all around the world searching for it.

so they can just keep on creating endless new story arcs. I'm not saying that's bad or anything, it's just how the show/manga is created.

Not endless arcs, but arcs moving forward towards the main plot. I admit, One Piece does move slowly because its about the only series that shows some background and thinking process for all characters.

if you had kept up with it, you would know they are at just past the halfway point in the Grand Line.

Anyone read the new manga (336)? MATSUMOTO :cry:

Yeah...I doubt she'll die thought. Most likely that will result in her becoming stronger later. I'd like to see someone else killed off though, like Renji, he's always annoyed me. Ichigo has kicked his ass every single time they fought and he still thinks he's as strong as him.

Everyone happy with 197 last night? I was pretty entertained (Y)

Didn't they say there was going to be a new Bleach movie preview somewhere in the end credits? I never got that for some reason.

Byakuya is going to need the 4th squad pretty bad after that last one hehe, he's so quick and decisive, I knew that once he went to Bankai it was over. Byakuya had some pretty decent lines I thought, even after losing 2 limbs he was still so confident. I guess that confidence lost him against Ichigo, but it's cool when it works :p

the next fights just get better. But the other battle on 197 is not finished just yet. Suprised me how they cut it short. If they keep up with this pace, which is indeed great, it will be another 50 or so episodes before they catch up to where we are at now in the manga.

The only thing I hate about Kenpachi fighting is that he cant go to bankai, but he makes up for that with his entertaining comments and personality lol

I also like watching his hair.. lol :unsure:

Everyone happy with 197 last night? I was pretty entertained (Y)

Didn't they say there was going to be a new Bleach movie preview somewhere in the end credits? I never got that for some reason.

Byakuya is going to need the 4th squad pretty bad after that last one hehe, he's so quick and decisive, I knew that once he went to Bankai it was over. Byakuya had some pretty decent lines I thought, even after losing 2 limbs he was still so confident. I guess that confidence lost him against Ichigo, but it's cool when it works :p

Don't know what version you watched, but the starting/ending songs of 197 contained the trailer/clips from the new film.

Radish?

It was weird, either I'm blind or it wasn't there. I'm going to watch the credits over again.

What's the movie called at least?

It was weird, either I'm blind or it wasn't there. I'm going to watch the credits over again.

What's the movie called at least?

You were blind :p, the new film is called "Bleach: Fade To Black - I Call Your Name".

Radish?

That was not on the ep I watched, so weird.

I've seen that preview from a while ago, one of the Bleach episodes had that as the trailer before didn't it?

Anyways, I know what one you're talking about now, looks really good. Anybody know what the relative storyline is?

Why do they take so long to sub the movies when they come out, but they can sub an ep in one night? I know the movies are much longer, but it should only take a month or two. They are doing it for free so maybe they just take their time..

EDIT> Ohhhh, it was in the song... Man, I didn't see that :blush:

I was under the impression that it took them a week to sub an episode? So this weeks episode came out last week..? Anyways, it takes them so long to sub the movies because they can't do that until it comes out on dvd in japan. Anime movies actually get theater releases in Japan unlike in America. So the anime movies go through the same process of being released that our hollywood movies due, pretty much.

No I think the regular episodes will change over to being subbed after a week, that's with Naruto I believe. I think Bleach is staying the same as before, but who knows how long.

If you go to bleachexile.com or bleachportal.net they often say that the raw version will be out earlier in the day, then the subs will come out later on, or sometimes the next day. I was reading on Dattebayo about whoever is taking over Naruto that they were going to release them one week after they come out in Japan.

You're right about the movies though, Radish told me that they wait for the DVD to come out, and then sub it from there.

actually, i believe our subbed versions are coming out the day of or after they are aired in japan, depending on how fast db subs them. But the air times of the shows are normally of the same night the subs are released for dl. And if there isnt an aired episode that week, we dont get a subbed either.

The movie looks interesting. I believe its another story line involving rukia though. From the looks of the new credits though, kenpachi fights the science captain. If so, that would be one insane battle. But ya, we wont get this movie for a while. Have to wait for it to be released in japan on dvd first, which takes about 8 months.

I'm glad they didn't add any 'funny' stuff into it with Pesche or Dondochakka (I hate that guy) because every time that stuff is going on I just can't help but think that there's not too much time left for fighting, and then they can't finish the fight. I really hate that, once those two exit the story I'm going to be quite happy. I guess they've had maybe a funny moment or two, but it just wastes time if you ask me.

These episodes are moving like the first arc did when they stick to business.

I guess I'm just speaking for me, but does anyone else find Pesche and Dondo annoying? I mean, at least Kon was funny sometimes :p

they are filling for the anime. without them, the anime would catch up to the manga too quickly. They really do add about 5 minutes of filler in any episode they are in. But I do find having some comic relief is nice, and it is one of the things that i really liked about season 1. But the comedy during that season was more about hidden sexual innuendo , instead of this slapstick duo.

The humour in the first arc was much better and found myself cracking up at times. I actually quite liked the humour earlier, I just find it pretty bad lately, I know they have to make up time but most of the time they fail miserably. Just think about the face Renji makes every time, that's how I feel ;) haha

It's all good though, I was just wondering if anyone thought the same thing as me.

I'm glad they didn't add any 'funny' stuff into it with Pesche or Dondochakka (I hate that guy) because every time that stuff is going on I just can't help but think that there's not too much time left for fighting, and then they can't finish the fight. I really hate that, once those two exit the story I'm going to be quite happy. I guess they've had maybe a funny moment or two, but it just wastes time if you ask me.

These episodes are moving like the first arc did when they stick to business.

I guess I'm just speaking for me, but does anyone else find Pesche and Dondo annoying? I mean, at least Kon was funny sometimes :p

Yeah, I can't stand those two, they annoy me. I mostly skip the parts that have them in it. I don't like watching two annoying characters that really don't have much to do with the story.

Good to know other people feel the same, I find myself always rolling my eyes when their little bit comes on. I'd rather have them in the story then have a week off of Bleach though :p

Did you guys notice that Mayuri looks different than he did before in previous arcs? Anyone know why?

Nope :p not a redesign, but sort of ... lol, hard to explain right now without spoiling anything. Next fight though, you will understand his different look. You will also build a new respect for him. I've been waiting to see his fight more then kenpachi's, just due to how evil it is. If the anime doesnt stick to the manga on this fight, ill truely be sad.