[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

I only managed to find episodes upto 4th March which is titled "Activate the Forbidden Jutsu" (episode number 150). My guess is arc might go on until around episode 155-160 :(

Oh no, that is bad news :(

Just finished watching History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Good series, don't ask why or how I ended up finding it. :laugh:

I have to say Nijima is one of the funniest characters in an anime I've ever seen.

Moving onto The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya now.

Awesome:

http://tvtropes.org/...andAloneComplex

TvTropes all well known anime series and you get lost for hours.

Even though Ghost in the Shell: SAC features a fantastic cast, this is what made me feel like I was watching an intelligent series:

In a big way. Ghost in the Shell has been classified by some commentators as Neo-Cyberpunk or Post-Cyberpunk rather than classic 1980s Cyberpunk, in that the protagonists of GITS work for the government and hunt down terrorists instead of being urban guerillas and streetpunks fighting against governments and mega-corps. Most noticeably, while GITS shows a global community still suffering from the aftereffects of a third and fourth World War, the society in those nations that we get to see has not utterly collapsed and segregated into corporate wage-slaves living in gated communities ("arcologies") on the one hand and the rest of the population living in dismal slums outside the system. The Japan of GITS, while being something of a police state with government and intelligence service controlling the propaganda permeating the media, still has an urban middle class, nature resorts and traditional society. Even the poor and the refugees in their ghetto are not "invisible" and "falling through the cracks" (except in a social sense). Instead, cyberbrain interconnectedness is widespread and surveillance by public cameras, spy satellites and the Net is all-pervasive.

Just finished watching History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Good series, don't ask why or how I ended up finding it. :laugh:

I have to say Nijima is one of the funniest characters in an anime I've ever seen.

Moving onto The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya now.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenpachi was a good series. I esp liked the fight at the end where he used all styles respective to each of his masters :pinch:

Awesome:

http://tvtropes.org/...andAloneComplex

TvTropes all well known anime series and you get lost for hours.

Even though Ghost in the Shell: SAC features a fantastic cast, this is what made me feel like I was watching an intelligent series:

There is some damn detailed info in there. I'm gonna get lost for a while, thanks (Y)

TVTropes is great. I spent so much time on it last semester during one of my classes looking up tropes for series' I have watched and other random things.

This is still one of my favorite pages to visit just for the hilarious content linked on it.

Turns out that both animes where really interesting. Definitely a recommendation if you like Yasuhiro Yoshiura's Eve no Jikan :D

@yurithedragonhalf: Haven't gotten depressed :p

Guess I've got something nice in store for me this evening: Pale Cocoon :D

I loved Ura and Riko's relationship, opposite desires and thoughts yet linked together somehow :)

That's for sure. Yasuhiro Yoshiura is really making great progress with his own, kinda unique stories. Can't wait to see what Eve no Jikan's 2nd season has in store for us :D

Can't wait to see what Eve no Jikan's 2nd season has in store for us :D

I really do hope there will be a second season, the barrier between androids/humans getting broken down was touching (Y)

be prepared to be depressed for the rest of your life knowing there will never be a computer as awesome as the one in Pale Cocoon

Is Pale Cocoon only 1 episode? I only see one listed.

Oh ok, thanks :)

I don't know if I've ever even seen just a one episode show that's under an hour, I still think it looks good though.

^That means you haven't watched CENCOROLL (jumped into my mind the minute I read your post). I'd recommend to watch that anime as well. Prepare to get blown away by a piece of work directed and animated by one and the same guy :)

@Radish?: It was indeed :) Yasuhiro Yoshiura has really won me over with that bit. I'm gonna be watching all current episodes non-stop soon :D Gonna be interesting to see the extra footage from the movie btw.