[Help]Belkin N1 Vision & Xbox Live

Hey fellas, I have a buddy who bought this router the other day and I have been setting it up for him and everything. I got his desktop wired in and working and got his laptop and sisters working wirelessly. Then went to get the Xbox 360 online wirelessly and it will see the network and connect to the network but will not get an IP from the router. Then when I check the DHCP clients table, it says the desktop is the only device connected and his laptop and xbox are not on the list, but his laptop works and the xbox does not.

Everything is set to be assigned automatically and I have also tried assigning an IP from the Xbox manually with no prevail. I have searched everywhere and can not find a solution.

The firewall is off, Wireless security is off, SSID is broadcasting........

I have tried all I could except hooking it up wired, and thats only because we don't have an ethernet cord long enough. lol

If anyone could guide me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

It seems that you are not the only one. You might try having a look here: Link

Here: Link

Here: Link

Heres a short guide from softpedia just incase its of any use: Link

When you tried to set the xbox up with a static IP what actually happend? What settings did you use and were there any messages?

Thanks for the links!

When I set the ip to static, it didn't really do anything. It failed the test on the xbox saying it was not connected to the wireless network.

As far as settings, I did not really change anything. I just turned off firewall, security, and enabled UPNP and enabled DMZ for the xbox's IP.

That sounds good, although as you have an open network right it could be you have someone connected to your network using that IP address. Just as a test, you might want to setup WEP or WPA as well as DHCP and see how the adapter deals with that.

Thats a good thought, however he is kinda out in the middle of no where out in the country, so chances are slim that someone else is using his network lol

I can try a different IP tho and see how that pans out. The only help I can find so far is to open up the ports for xbox live on the router, but that does me no good when the xbox wont connect to the router in the first place.

Yeah i did think that was pretty useless advice from some of the people in those links but there are some good bits of info in there too.

You dont have a MAC address filter on your router active do you?