Thurrott dates Windows 7 Release April 2009 !

This thread is wayyy off topic. Anyhow, I doubt we'll see RC 1 before summer let alone the RTM in April. There's still a lot to be done on Windows 7 from my experience in using it on a couple of machines. It's still good but beta quality.

I think we will see the RC before summer time. I agree with a lot of people with the RC being available in April and the RTM out no later then early October.

I'd predict RC1 before May, probably before April to be honest, perhaps around March 20th at the latest.

RTM... by the end of June, maybe sooner. It can happen, and they're actually on track to match or beat those dates... someone lit a fire under some butts in Redmond last year about mid-summer and it hasn't let up yet. :D

I'd predict RC1 before May, probably before April to be honest, perhaps around March 20th at the latest.

RTM... by the end of June, maybe sooner. It can happen, and they're actually on track to match or beat those dates... someone lit a fire under some butts in Redmond last year about mid-summer and it hasn't let up yet. :D

Yes, that's how I see it too. With how well Build 7000 is running, I'd be very surprised if they didn't have the RC ready around one month from now. End of June for the Final sounds good too.