[Official] Street Fighter IV & Marvel vs Capcom 2

We're playing on the 360 though :p

I actually beat some Korean gamer earlier using Sakura vs Bison. It was horribleeee lag, but somehow beat them. Was pleased lol.

As soon as I get a job I will be getting this on the 360 it seems a lot more people play on that then the PS3. I used to own a stick and the PS3 version but had to get rid due to needing the money.

I love SFIV a really classic game shame I can not play it for a while.

Vic, if I may. I had extensive experience playing SF2, but haven't played 4 but since they seem to be very similar, I think this still applies.

You rely too much on special moves, especially the uppercut. Try learning to use some of the regular attacks, like the kicks & punches. The uppercut opens yourself up too much to counter attacks, which with the super moves, can be devastating as seen in the video! Also you seem to be a little too offensive. Hold back a little, don't always be the one to attack the other, know when the best time to attack is.

And your right, if you wanna get good, tell people not to hold back!

Hehe hopefully next month Sony will announce the price drop, and I can grab a PS3 & SF4. I really wanna see how I am in my old age!

Yeah thanks for the tip. ;)

http://evo2k.com/live/

live Evo tourny going on, its free to watch some of the best play against each other. Regisiter if you want to chat.

hurry, Diago and Wong is up next!!!

Edit: Diago...gawd what a beast. Did anyone see that cammy? wow didn't know she can do so much dmg and so quick.

Edited by TheLaughingMan

gawd dang it! I have no idea wtf happen with Wong. He had this in the bag GAWD!! NERD RAGE! :angry: But grats to Diago the Machine. Best Rog ever, really, really had hope (sanford)sp? Cammy vs. Ryu (diago) would've been an awesome match.

Looking to get this on PC through Steam, anyone else have it? Or should I invest in it for PS3? I don't own a 360, so I'm wondering which PC or PS3 has the better online community, I have pads for both.

Looking to get this on PC through Steam, anyone else have it? Or should I invest in it for PS3? I don't own a 360, so I'm wondering which PC or PS3 has the better online community, I have pads for both.

I have sf4 for the 360 and I have played online with the ps3 at a friends house, the community are almost the same in every way. I recommend getting the 360 due to most of the ppl on neowin are on XBL.

But if you had to pick between pc/ps3, i'll go for the play station.

Srsly, after that final match, I need to put another 121 hrs under Rog some more.

There are plenty of people playing on the PC. Whether the PC has more players then the PS3 (or 360) version is debatable as always. But every time I open up my matches on GFWL someone joins nearly instantly every time. And there are always people with matches set up in the main Live area also.

God damn I suck online :(

Join the club, bub!

I'm thinking of buying the Arcade Fightstick and hoping it will better my chances. It won't magically make me a better player but hopefully with some practice it will help.

?55 is a lot of money for just a controller though:// Plus it's made by Madcatz, so my trust in them isn't all that great to begin with..

Get a stick DM! Once I got one within a week or so I was winning 4/10 matches online where as before it was more like 1/10.

The first time you use a stick you will think WTF but keep with it and before you know it you will be winning online.

The Madcatz one not the high end one but the next one down. I was happy with the stick for what I wanted to do with it. If you are really serious about the game get the Tournament edition..... but it is a lot of money to put down for something you might use with only two or three games.

Yeah I was gonna just buy the regular Arcade Stick (the white one). If money was no object and I didn't buy so many gadgets already this year, I would buy the tournament edition.

I was gonna ask if you'd be interested in making one for me, but for that price, no chance :laugh: You can buy the Champion stick for less :p

there has to be a cheap arcade stick somewhere, not a big fan of that brand crazycat, autocad or wtf its called. I really don't wanna end up getting a cheap one. maybe i'll look into that thread where you make one.