[Official] Street Fighter IV & Marvel vs Capcom 2

I really don't like how crappy this works on my PC...

TheLaughingMan, there's a black one that you can get on Amazon.com for about $40 usually... let me see if I can find it.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Arcade-Fig...6474&sr=8-1

as for making yoru own, mine cost me about $150 to make it.

$45 for woods, paints, lexan for the case (don't forget, you need a dremel tool)

$45 for the toodles PCB (you MIGHT need a soldering iron here as well)

$10 for wires, wire ties, solder, and rubber feet

$30 for the JLF

$15 for the buttons

shipping... quite a bit of cash.

Anyone who has this on PC hit me up, Sh4k3yhands or sh4k3y@hotmail.com for windows live. I have just made it to g3-b after 3 days of playing online. I thought I knew how to play all these years.... maybe im getting too old, or maybe i never knew how to play, either one is a horrible realization :p

Game is great though and would like to find people I could spar with and have good matches. Hit me up.

I really don't like how crappy this works on my PC...

TheLaughingMan, there's a black one that you can get on Amazon.com for about $40 usually... let me see if I can find it.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Arcade-Fig...6474&sr=8-1

as for making yoru own, mine cost me about $150 to make it.

$45 for woods, paints, lexan for the case (don't forget, you need a dremel tool)

$45 for the toodles PCB (you MIGHT need a soldering iron here as well)

$10 for wires, wire ties, solder, and rubber feet

$30 for the JLF

$15 for the buttons

shipping... quite a bit of cash.

omg! thx man, that look really good for a $40 one. I got some paint/art equipment i can supe it up. I think my graffity skill might come in handy now Lol.

Edit: hmm I got a 360 tho, so it won't work unless i somehow take everything inside out and put 360 gear.

I was gonna ask if you'd be interested in making one for me, but for that price, no chance :laugh: You can buy the Champion stick for less :p

I know m8, but there's not much I can do about the price. it costs about ?120 in parts if you want it done nice.

ok Mr. I did all trials in 2 days :D So far, I can do Tap>headbutt>ult, Overhead punch>ex headbutt > ult. but its so much harder doing it in a fight than on a dummy. Sigh, need more practice.

I see one ex2 for $59, will place my order once I get paid next week.

I'd honestly advise against the EX or EX2. The Mad Catz stick is far better. And whichever you get, fix it to a bat top for gods sake.

I'd honestly advise against the EX or EX2. The Mad Catz stick is far better. And whichever you get, fix it to a bat top for gods sake.

I'm going to say that the regular SFIV fight stick is garbage. the third party buttons they used in it are terrible.

The TE stick is better than the EX2, but still, the EX2 is much better than the fight stick. You might as well go with a generic piece of crap for that matter.

As for the bat top... that really comes down to preference. I hate battops... I think they're trash.

I loaded up SF4 again the other day, pulled my FightPad from its resting place and started playing offline. Went into trials, and realised that I suck in the grand scheme of things.

I should be getting it this week won't have a stick for a while but I am sure I can get somewhere with a pad. This game cost me around ?60 for the Dreamcast last year now it is is coming for XBL and PSN ^^ I think this is a win for gamers. I just wish more older games were released.

Yup, for all those people complaining about the price of the game, they really have no idea about it's true value. If you want a disc based version (either DC, Xbox or PS2) you're going to pay through the nose for it. There was only so many copies of the game created as well because Capcom lost the Marvel license so the game is incredibly rare.

Oh did I mention I have a copy too :p :heart:

MvC2DM.jpg

The DreamCast version is the one to have though because it is much closer to the original arcade release. It's also easier to find because they didn't have the problem with the number of prints made.

But even with this XBLA/PSN version its well worth the asking price because of the improvements they've made to it. They haven't recreated the sprites sadly, but the backgrounds have been reworked and the game is much smoother running. Not to mention the multiplayer. There is also 2 different filters you can run "crisp" and "smooth" which improve the visuals.

Edited by DrunknMunky

Yup, for all those people complaining about the price of the game, they really have no idea about it's true value. If you want a disc based version (either DC, Xbox or PS2) you're going to pay through the nose for it. There was only so many copies of the game created as well because Capcom lost the Marvel license so the game is incredibly rare.

Oh did I mention I have a copy too :p :heart:

MvC2DM.jpg

And even then, this XBLA/PSN version is well worth the buck because of the improvements they've made to it. They haven't recreated the sprites sadly, but the backgrounds have been reworked and the game is much smoother running. Not to mention the multiplayer. There is also 2 different filters you can run "crisp" and "smooth" which improve the visuals.

Shame you don't have the "best version" which many people consider to be the Dreamcast version. It is still nice to have a copy on any system.

Edited my post to include that little bit of info, but the best version is the arcade version ;)

But you're right, it's awesome to have a copy of it, despite what console its for. When I found mine I grabbed it and walked straight to the till.

Happiest day of my life :p

jk

I also have the DC and PS2 versions but they aren't quite kosher!

I'm going to say that the regular SFIV fight stick is garbage. the third party buttons they used in it are terrible.

The TE stick is better than the EX2, but still, the EX2 is much better than the fight stick. You might as well go with a generic piece of crap for that matter.

As for the bat top... that really comes down to preference. I hate battops... I think they're trash.

The SE stick isn't THAT bad. The buttons still have a pretty good response when compared to the Sanwa, but the recoil needs improvement. As for the joystick, it works. It will still input whatever you tell it to, it's just not as smooth.

No matter to me though, I modded mine.

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01652.jpg

I've read that the 70$ madcatz sfiv arcade stick was actually pretty good , and the only defect really was maybe a loose washer you would just have to superglue back in. Anyone have it and know from experience how it works?

I've read that the 70$ madcatz sfiv arcade stick was actually pretty good , and the only defect really was maybe a loose washer you would just have to superglue back in. Anyone have it and know from experience how it works?

I have it, and my experience is that it is better than both the Hori DoA4 stick and the EX2, which I regard as flimsy and awful :)