[Official] Street Fighter IV & Marvel vs Capcom 2

Anyone know if we might get this today? I think when BF1943 came out DM found a link that let you download the game early. I hope the same thing might happen with this.

Yup, for all those people complaining about the price of the game, they really have no idea about it's true value. If you want a disc based version (either DC, Xbox or PS2) you're going to pay through the nose for it. There was only so many copies of the game created as well because Capcom lost the Marvel license so the game is incredibly rare.

Oh did I mention I have a copy too :p :heart:

MvC2DM.jpg

The DreamCast version is the one to have though because it is much closer to the original arcade release. It's also easier to find because they didn't have the problem with the number of prints made.

But even with this XBLA/PSN version its well worth the asking price because of the improvements they've made to it. They haven't recreated the sprites sadly, but the backgrounds have been reworked and the game is much smoother running. Not to mention the multiplayer. There is also 2 different filters you can run "crisp" and "smooth" which improve the visuals.

i had the xbox version but i gave it to someone who wanted to play it and i cant remember who :(

Anyone else playing SF4 get annoyed at the lack of diversity other people show in their character choices? It's like this should be called Ryu-fighter. The only characters I can ever seem to get matches against are Ryu, Ken, Akuma, or Sagat. I long for the day to fight a blanka or cammy! And I can't stand playing either 4 of those characters, so I normally get owned pretty much playing as others, unless I go with like blanka or bison who are easy to be cheap with. But still, it's hard to have fun in this game it seems, because everyoen is just out for the easy win. I need some windows live users to play against who know there are more than just 4 characters :p

Anyone else annoyed a tad by it?

As a Ryu player I know that I must get a "Oh another Ryu player" However I do try and play as Guile now and then just to keep things different. I understand your pain as all you ever see is those four you mention in the above post. I would say on the plus side you should always know what kind of game they are going to play.

I almost invariably choose Chun-Li. This is partly due to the limitations of my wireless 360 pad; I can't play Ken or Ryu expertly at all with it. Anybody who fights me will also notice I rarely if ever use a super or ultra combo. I still win well over half my matches. I've noticed that while there are few Blanka or Bison players the people who do choose to play them are quite good with them. Ken, Ryu and their various clones are cheap, sure, but honestly the character that ****es me off the most is Abel. He has to be easily the cheapest mofo Capcom has created yet, and when people use him against me my only hope is to be as aggressive as possible and hope to intimidate them into a quick defeat.

Marvel VS Capcom 2 releases TOMORROW.

Not today.

Yeah I knew this but when Battlefield 1943 came out a user on Neowin found a way to get the game a day before. I was just hoping it would be the same for this game.

I can't see how people use ael that well either. I have tried to play him many times, with little success. It seems people can counter my rolls and throws, though I never can theirs lol.

Ya, its easy to figure out the shuriken fighters style, but when the dragon punch has priority over every move sans some ultras/specials, its hard to still get to ya. A good player can dragon punch out of most any move you do to them. And yes, if i was ryu or ken, I could win more than half my matches, but they are old and stale, and I think we all know the moves already lol.

I've been trying to play as dhalsim, but hes hard to learn, and I really haven't played anyone else as him to see how I should.

I like to ask people when they are ken, R U KEN? no one ever says back, SUR IM KEN!

Anyone know if we might get this today? I think when BF1943 came out DM found a link that let you download the game early. I hope the same thing might happen with this.

That was on the day it released. The Xbox Live marketplace takes a little longer to update on the console than it does on the website.

Can't wait for MvC2. I have a dreamcast version, but the dreamcast isn't plugged in as I don't play it often.

And for those "ryu fighters", I know your pain. I depise those sho fighters. Use the characters you normally wouldn't use against them. For example, I use balrog against sho fighters.

I'm a Ken player, have been since SFIIT. I guess that makes me biased, I don't understand why the hatred for Ryu/Ken players, or any character for that matter. The characters are there to play with, it's not like some cheat. I'll have to start playing SFIV more and see you guys on there.

And definitely up for some MvC2. I still have the game but my Dreamcast got left back in college. I actually played the arcade version the other day at a birthday party for the son of a family friend. There was a 40 year old dude playing as well. Good times.

Alternate Costume packs are now out for SF4 for PC.

Looking at the file size of the packs and Im just :huh: ? 20 KB for the complete alternate costume pack (1,000 points). It does not really feel like DLC but a file that unlocks extra stuff that was already in the game. Oh well, buy it or dont.

The free custom modding costumes look good also.

I had the SE and it broke after three matches (A went to rapid fire mode for no reason)... Returned it, and got another, and it was DOA (X wouldn't register)... returned it, waited for the next shipment to come into the store, got another one, and it broke (stick just fell out...) when i opened the box... returned it, got a refund...

Now Im' back to using my DOA4 stick.

It's out on XBL now.... this means I am now downloading it. I hope to see a few people online I am going to see if I can go and get a stick today as well.

Megaman sounds like a female. Very weird.

I got my butt handed to me on a non-ranked multiplayer game..

Not sure if the game is worth the points yet, but it sure is damn fun.

After playing MvC2 with a 360 pad. I know, that I can not play it anymore without an arcade stick.

You won't see be around online until I get a stick. The game is good just a lot different then SFIV you will see a lot of ass kicking going on in multiplayer. MvC2 is well known for been very unbalanced a few characters are just over super over powered. Storm and Cabel spring to mind.

MvC2 is well known for been very unbalanced a few characters are just over super over powered. Storm and Cabel spring to mind.

*cough*magneto*cough*

*cough cough*psylocke*cough cough*

can't wait to get home to get this

gaaaaaah

my fiancee just bought me a TE SF4 stick too

...should have called in sick today lol

Don't forget sentinel, juggernaut, dr. doom along with characters mentioned above. They are just either good or insane.

I had very good match recently, and that person just quit on me when he was on verge of losing.

Lame. But overall, most matches I had close victories or just fun matches. Excellent game!