[Official] Street Fighter IV & Marvel vs Capcom 2

after playing around a bit with the pads, here are some initial impressions:

[snip]

Damn, no rumble and a flaky headset connection are a deal breaker for me. The pad would have to be really good in other respects, for me to be able to overlook those flaws.

EDIT: Soz for the DP, I'm kinda excited :)

Damn, no rumble and a flaky headset connection are a deal breaker for me. The pad would have to be really good in other respects, for me to be able to overlook those flaws.

well the pad really does its job well, especially when comparing its d-pad to the 360's crappy d-pad. moves are pretty easy to pull off, and i actually prefer not having rumble in fighting games. i've been using it a bit more recently and haven't had the headset connection crap out on me, so it's not as bad as i may have made it seem at first. so i would still suggest getting it if you're not planning to play with a stick...you'll be better off than playing with the 360 pad.

tbh, I'm still tempted just for the D-Pad (if it really is that much of an improvement)

I've only ever played Street Fighter with a 4 button layout. SNES, PS2 pad with an emulator on the PC and now the 360. So I'm not sure about the 6 button layout on a pad, but I think it will be a bonus as the shoulder butters never got much use, and they always feel awkward/slow to use.

Also, I think I'd probably open it up and fill it with Play-Doh or something, to give it a more solid feel.

Not true. :(

The 360 pad is f-ing awful. :(

yeah that's what i meant. probably should have put "you'll be better off with the fightpad than playing with the 360 pad." sorry for the confusion.

yeah that's what i meant. probably should have put "you'll be better off with the fightpad than playing with the 360 pad." sorry for the confusion.

In that case then ye I agree, if you're not willing to invest another ?20-30 in to a fight pad I wouldn't buy it tbh. It's like playing Rock Band with out the guitars.://

I change my mind, it is that ****ing bad. Piece of **** :(

Saying that reminded me of this lol... [WARNING] contains excessive use of the words **** and ****. Link

Told you so :p

Can't say I'm impressed with capcoms games this year. First Resident Evil 5 is still stuck in the dark ages when it comes to controls, then SFIV requires you to buy another f-ing controller to play the damn thing. I hope they don't botch up Dead Rising 2! :/

^

Capcom are nothing to do with you "needing" to buy another controller for your 360 though.

Come back and say that to me when you've tried to play it with a 360 pad! ;) :p

Come back and say that to me when you've tried to play it with a 360 pad! ;) :p

No, I know the 360 D-Pad ain't the best with games that require precise/frequent D-Pad movement. What I was saying is it's not Capcoms "fault", they didn't make the 360.

If anything, 360 fans should be happy alternative controllers exist for SF4, for those that plan on getting right into the game that is. Most casuals will be fine with a 360 controller.

No, I know the 360 D-Pad ain't the best with games that require precise/frequent D-Pad movement. What I was saying is it's not Capcoms "fault", they didn't make the 360.

If anything, 360 fans should be happy alternative controllers exist for SF4, for those that plan on getting right into the game that is. Most casuals will be fine with a 360 controller.

or those fans to poor to buy a $150 controller (which is like three video games on itself almost... or for another $50 another xbox) get to stick with the 360 pad.

or those fans to poor to buy a $150 controller (which is like three video games on itself almost... or for another $50 another xbox) get to stick with the 360 pad.

Uhhh $150?

I'm not talking about a joystick, I'm talking about a controller - http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/ACCESSORI...Controller.html

No they didn't but they did make the game they could easily make it more accommodating for the controllers they know are bundled with the console. It feels like a drag & drop of the arcade version with little though to adaptation to the home user.

Most casuals will be fine with a 360 controller.

This is far from a casual game mate, the difficult on easy is far from it. :(

My sister who loves Virtual Fighter got her arse handed to her on the 1st arcade battle. I didn't fare much better I got leveled after the 3rd!

Now don't get me wrong I'm sure it's an amazing game it's just as approachable as EVE Online to newbies.

He means casual players, as opposed to people that get right into it. But I'd have to disagree, even the casual player will become frustrated at not being able to pull off anything more than standard special moves.

I'm not sure what more Capcom could have done. If a move requires certain inputs, then that's what you have to do. End of.

It's not their fault that the 360's D-Pad is so... crap. I don't want the game changed to suit crap hardware, I want it to be as faithful to the arcade original as possible and I want better hardware.

It's not their fault that the 360's D-Pad is so... crap.

But since that's not possible... Create a happy medium with two control schemes: one more suited to the vanilla 360 pad and one for the more hardcore, job done. :s