Flash or no Flash?

Flash  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should Shift Linux include Flash out of the box (preinstalled)?

• Yes
    • No

Voted no. Not even Windows includes Flash on install. I think it would be better to include a script on the desktop that would fetch flash easily for anyone who wanted it.

Voted no. Not even Windows includes Flash on install. I think it would be better to include a script on the desktop that would fetch flash easily for anyone who wanted it.

(Y)

Same as we could do for Skype and other closed apps.

Not even Windows includes Flash on install.

Actually, Windows does include Flash.

Shift users must be aware that been 100% free is a bitch but it makes you feel good. Try gNewSense. If everything works okay: sweet!

If things don't work out that great: blame ****ty hardware/software companies (and probably your dependency on them).

Announcement: Flash will be included in Shift Linux as we wouldn't lose anything, you can always remove it if you choose.

So it's a done deal?

I'm a n00b but I still voted no. I mean, Windows users must download Flash, DivX, and a lot of other things, and since installing apps and packages in Linux is very easy, even for first timers, I don't see the issue. I mean, it's a plus to make things extra easy, but if your putting something to risk, don't.

A question: Is ndiswrapper included with Shift? Because honestly, the only and biggest problem stopping me from enjoying any distro to its full potential is lame wireless support.