NFS Undercover Car Advice

^ Um what lol?

I've finished the game and I've never found any of the highway battles hard. In face I found the game absurdly easy...there were only like 2 races which I found annoying. One was the last master event checkpoint, and the other was the Chase Linh battle. That was it. Apart from those two, none of hte others were hard at all.

My cars went like

The nissian silvia -> Audi TT -> some car which i forgot -> nissan skyline gtr34 -> aston martin -> nissan GTR -> bugatti veyron

0c8b7b9f3dc3007f8b8f277ad70baa297898671f.png

Only took me 27 hours :p

794106aeeeee29fbda549165d60a0376406113c5.png

I also however had this happen :(

4df474f98b065f2642f8c4e5c3c23e52f6c9aa9b.png

and look, these cops just love me.

a3c885258389e128b636d3890dfbf822cf695e6f.png

I did find it to be a fun game thou, I would say i only had 2 serious issues with the game, the blue slowdown screens and that black screen in the 2nd shot.

one of my fav screenshots:

bfec10146ac1222a7b7d41343d8954455afea612.png

Edited by Veritas_

^ Um what lol?

I've finished the game and I've never found any of the highway battles hard. In face I found the game absurdly easy...there were only like 2 races which I found annoying. One was the last master event checkpoint, and the other was the Chase Linh battle. That was it. Apart from those two, none of hte others were hard at all.

My cars went like

The nissian silvia -> Audi TT -> some car which i forgot -> nissan skyline gtr34 -> aston martin -> nissan GTR -> bugatti veyron

Well I'm finding this game insanely hard :/ (well it started so easy it was a joke, then suddenly went to impossible) The Corvette highway battle is impossible, I can't touch him and I need to pass that race or I can't continue...which sucks. No matter what I try, the @#$@ Corvette gets an instant (extremely fast, as in 400km/hr+ ...as I'm doing ~350km/hr in my Gallardo [top speed]) and/or traffic takes me out. I've had car on the other side of the road purposely go across all the lanes and straight into me with no warning (or reason) or traffic going across the road suddenly for no reason (no intersecting road, they just decided to do it). If you removed the traffic, this race would be over in seconds, because of the @#% traffic I can't beat it....yeah I know I suck and probably the only person who thinks Undercover is hard* :p

So far my cars have been:

Nissan 240SX (hardly used it, starting car) >> Lotus Elise (dominated every race it entered) >> Audi TT (dominated nearly every race it entered) >> Chevy Camero (raced a few races, lost them all and got busted - never used again :p) >> Gallardo (doing well so far) and I recently got a 911 GT2 via pink slips, have used it yet.

* = by hard I mean from this point, leading up to this point was very easy (a few races there were a bit close but most were a cake walk)

Well I'm finding this game insanely hard :/ (well it started so easy it was a joke, then suddenly went to impossible) The Corvette highway battle is impossible, I can't touch him and I need to pass that race or I can't continue...which sucks. No matter what I try, the @#$@ Corvette gets an instant (extremely fast, as in 400km/hr+ ...as I'm doing ~350km/hr in my Gallardo [top speed]) and/or traffic takes me out. I've had car on the other side of the road purposely go across all the lanes and straight into me with no warning (or reason) or traffic going across the road suddenly for no reason (no intersecting road, they just decided to do it). If you removed the traffic, this race would be over in seconds, because of the @#% traffic I can't beat it....yeah I know I suck and probably the only person who thinks Undercover is hard* :p

So far my cars have been:

Nissan 240SX (hardly used it, starting car) >> Lotus Elise (dominated every race it entered) >> Audi TT (dominated nearly every race it entered) >> Chevy Camero (raced a few races, lost them all and got busted - never used again :p) >> Gallardo (doing well so far) and I recently got a 911 GT2 via pink slips, have used it yet.

* = by hard I mean from this point, leading up to this point was very easy (a few races there were a bit close but most were a cake walk)

I finally beat that damn Corvette, mostly by dumb luck (i.e. I'll probably never be able to do it again) only way I managed to defeat him was to ram him into a cluster of traffic (including a truck) by the time he go clear of it and had his instant speed boost, the race was over...still stupid I had to defeat him that way, impossible to out drive him cause soon as you started pulling away from him, the "catch up boost" kicks in on his car allowing him to catch up and over take instantly, even from 150+ metres away! and/or the traffic would get me...

The game IS fun, just the cheating AI really gets on my nerves at times (as you can tell :p)

Finished it now, the final race was a let down :( nothing like the epic (and insanely hard) final race for Most Wanted! oh well, just racing around the city finishing the races I haven't done yet. Apart from the constant frustration from frame rate issues/cheating AI I have to admit I was quite enjoying it and I still play it now and again after clocking it.

Also I couldn't help myself :p

post-44573-1229832414_thumb.jpg

That is as close as I could get to the Most Wanted M3 GTR, good fun just hooning around in it..good times :p :happy: (keep me happy till I unlock the real M3 GTR in Most Wanted, only just started playing it again)

EDIT: My final car progression was as follows, if it helps at all?

Nissan 240SX >> Lotus Elise >> Chevrolet Camero Concept (crap!) >> Audi TT >> Lamborghini Gallardo >> Porsche 911 GT2 >> Bugatti Veyron >> BMW M6 >> BMW M3 E46 (I couldn't help it :p)

Edited by Xerxes

• 2 weeks later...

So far my car progression is;

Nissan 240sx > Lotus Elise > Audi TT (now with race parts)

I'm having alot of fun with this game. The reviews that gave it such low scores are totally wrong in my opinion. I do agree that this game is very easy, but there are some very fun sequences in the game. The cop chases are easy but quite fun, they get difficult when the helicopter gets involved. Taking out cars is pretty fun. I really want to buy a new car but the Audi TT is doing very well so far. What car will I be able to win through pink-slip next? I want a E92 M3 bad! :/

i completed this about a week ago. my car progression was....

Nissan 240sx > Lotus Elise > Audi TT > Lamborghini Gallardo > Bugatti Veyron.

i noticed i was winning races gradually with the TT but when the Gallardo became unlocked, my god what a speed difference. I've done some races with the R8 which i find is almost as quick as the Bugatti.

Just bought a Gallardo and I'm about 68% done the game. This is the best NFS game I've played in a really long time, and it is one of the best driving games I've played in a long time.

I'm so surprised that this game got reviewed so poorly, I'm having a hard time putting the controller down because its so addicting. :yes:

I think my most favorite choice was the Camero SS when you first get to choose a pink slip. This car lasted through quite a bit of the game for me.

post-182672-1230956896_thumb.jpg

And here's my attempt at the NFS Most Wanted M3: :D

post-182672-1230956939_thumb.jpg

post-182672-1230956959_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stetson

• 8 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2008 at 9:04 AM, Scirwode said:

Some of the problems are when you take out the main bosses, the races that you haven't done all disappear and there doesn't seem to be any way to bring it back. This poses a problem later in the game when cash is tight and you're trying to go for the Bugatti Veryon which cost $300,000.

If you want to finish all the races, go to GPS map by go to menu or press "G", and press "0" or "9" until you see races. Oh, and the Veyron cost $375,000 so keep on racing. I have got it for doing that!

• Skiver locked this topic