[Boot Camp] XP or Vista?

I've posted in this forum since it's all related to the hardware in my Mac, but if it should be moved into a Windows forum, go for it. :o

I have a MacBook Pro (2.4GHz, 2GB DDR2, 256MB 8600M), and I'm wondering which OS would perform better for me.

I'm looking to buy either a copy of Windows XP SP3, or Windows Vista.

If any of you guys have any experience with gaming on said MacBook Pro, which OS would be better suited?

Also, with Windows Vista, will I gain any performance by using Home Basic rather than any other edition?

The games I'd like to play are fairly modern games such as BioShock, Source games, Crysis Warhead etc. As well as some older titles such as Max Payne 2, Deus Ex and such.

I'm torn between which OS to buy! I'm assuming the newer games will perform better on Vista, but the older games will perform better (if at all) on XP.

Any advice? Thanks. :)

I guess as the GPU('s) in the MacBook Pro are quite modern, Vista is probably a safe bet.

I still prefer XP for gaming as there is less OS overhead and therefore more resources to burn up but the MacBook Pro is new / current enough that it should probably be ok whichever you use.

Unless it's absolutely necessary (or unless Vista is a specific requirement), just go with XP. You're picking one poison over another, anyway.

+1

Just go with XP, better performance and less headache. Its the lesser of two evils.