Best i7 Motherboard

• 5 months later...

I just ordered a ASUS P6T SE from Newegg. I wont ever use more than 1 video card, I'll upgrade to a faster card so that's not an issue.

My I7 build is my first build for $1250 shipped. I could have purchased the same package basically except a lesser video card on a Gateway from newegg at the same price. But all things considered why get a generic 750W PSU when you can get a top rated Corsair for the same money? Same thing with RAM. I got OCZ Platinum instead of generic Gateway RAM. I got a HAF 922 very well ventilated case instead of the two fan Gateway. And instead of a GTX-150, the same money got me an HD 8790. That is the difference when you build your own my friends.

None - there all way overpriced IMO.

The way forward is a system like the Dell Studio XPS, one of those with an i7-920 is costing me 30% less than the cost to build one with exactly the same specifications using the very cheapest i7 motherboard I could find.

I am crrently in the process of building my own system after I looked at the Dell XPS and my total came down to $925 as opposed to around $1,100 to $1,200 for the XPS. Mine also has a better graphics card, better RAM, and hard drive.

I was going to go for the Studio XPS. If I wanted to go for a cheap i7 with low-end components, then the Dell is the right choice. However, with my own custom config, making it the way I like it with high-end specs like a decent video-card, PSU and motherboard, and all the other extras, it came out cheaper than getting it from Dell.

Considerably cheaper (although I did get some things at quite a good rate).

I'm going to go with the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366. Seems like a decent motherboard.

What about the Asus Rampage II GENE?

Cut down version of the Extreme but still has loads of quality components crammed into the small uATX space.

Less than ?200 in the UK.

I concur.. ASUS P6T is a terrific board. I've had the build done and had ZERO issues. Things just worked and overclocking is a beauty. I didn't even get the DELUXE just the standard one. Works great!

I have the Asus P6T6 WS Revolution and that is easily one of the best boards.

Infact here are the 3 best boards on the market for i7 in my opinion: (In no particular order)

ASUS P6T7 Super Computer

ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution

EVGA Classified

All give great performance, stable power and very high stable overclocks