[Poll] Do you celebrate Christmas

Do you celebrate Christmas  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you celebrate Christmas

• Yes
    • No

Well, it's interesting to point that out to all of those that believe that Christmas has been commercialized recently. It all began as a marketing ploy by the Catholic Church.

No, it was not a marketing ploy by The Catholic Church. If Jesus Christ was born in June, he still was born. The source that was cited states the below.

"This is not an attempt to decry religion. It's really backing it up as it shows there really was a bright object appearing in the East at the right time.

"Often when we mix science with religion in this kind of forum, it can upset people. In this case, I think this could serve to reinforce people's faith."

The question was "Do you celebrate Christmas? I do, no matter when Christ was born.

The gift giving, now that i'm a parent, other than that i don't care too much for the holiday.

you participate in the traditions of christmas and enjoy the fun and festivities and yet you don't believe in the spritiual meaning of christmas. you can't just have the little bit you want. if you want christmas then enjoy and accept the holy part of it as well.

Yes I absolutely celebrate the birth of our Saviour in the traditional and spiritual sense. Although I'll probably have to get everyone up early and celebrate at 3am this year since I have to work. :/

you participate in the traditions of christmas and enjoy the fun and festivities and yet you don't believe in the spritiual meaning of christmas. you can't just have the little bit you want. if you want christmas then enjoy and accept the holy part of it as well.

Christmas as it is is an amalgamation of earlier celebrations, the vast majority of which seem to come from Paganism and Yule. The tree, the feast, gift giving, etc. even the date (they decided to put the birthday on the 25th since it would go down easier)

The most common celebrations people take part in, aren't of Christian origin.

I'm pretty sure somone can celebrate a holiday anyway they want...

I celebrate christmas by spending it with family and the joy of giving gifts to the ones i love and care about.

you can't just have the little bit you want

Perhaps he doesn't enjoy praising a fake god (oh no, I must've insulted you...). As The_Decryptor, the customs have been taken from pagan traditions, mostly so it would ease the christianization of central and northern Europe (those parts had practiced their traditions until then, Nordic countries even call Christmas Jul).

We here in Connecticut celebrate Christmas, especially my family. We just don't put lights on our home though, because it prevents me from sleeping. :)

Yes, I do. The wife makes candies after candies and then I eat them all.

In my tired state, I read candies as candles. I was about to say there's something wrong with you if you eat candles! :laugh:

As for the poll, yes I celebrate Christmas. :)

I wouldn't give presents if my family didn't get upset over it, but annoyingly they would moan.

However as to the "christmas spirit" and all that religious bumpf, no way no how :no:

I'm not Christian, I haven't got children, I don't believe in Santa and I couldn't really care less for the family gatherings, so to me Christmas is pointless...

to be honest jesus doesn't really enter into my mind at christmas at all.

its just a "commercial holiday" now for many people (probably most people actually). all about food and presents and basically spending too much money. luckily my family seem to be cutting back a lot this year so its not too expensive really.

I celebrate in a strictly non-religious fashion.

i am not religious but my mum is so i have to celebrate in religious way >.>

TBH, im getting less and less bothered about xmas as if i want a game or something i can go buy it myself yet i could 10 years ago :p

Why can't I just have the little bit I want? God probably doesn't exist; Jesus, if he existed, probably wasn't the son of the said non-existent god.

However, my family and friends do exist, so we use this time of year (that was a time of celebration before Christians usurped it) to spend time together and exchange gifts.