To all LCD owners, is your stand perfectly level?

So far, my Samsung LN32A450 LCD TV has been great. However, when looking through some reviews on Samsung TVs, some people were upset about their stands not being perfectly leveled. Then, I took a second look at my LCD and I think it might be a little tilted to the right. I measured it and it is leaning to the right about one-tenth of an inch. Now, maybe one-tenth of an inch is just minor and I'm just being anal about this. Of course, I didn't notice this until the thought came to my mind when I read the reviews. So, I could be overreacting. So, now it's bugging me because I don't wanted anyone coming over to my house and look at my TV wondering why it's slanted.

So my question is: Are LCDs stands supposed to be 100% perfectly leveled? Is it normal for some LCDs to lean to one side a little bit.

i am sure they are supposed to normal and level. did you check what your LCD is on? the floor? just curious. but now that you know it is off a bit, it will bother you to no end. hehe.

i am sure they are supposed to normal and level. did you check what your LCD is on? the floor? just curious. but now that you know it is off a bit, it will bother you to no end. hehe.

It's on the table. The floor is too low, lol.

Well, like I said, I didn't notice the TV leaning until I read about it. I barely notice it. I asked my friend if it looks tilted and he claimed it looks fine. But it may be fine to us, but maybe someone else might walk in my house one day and spot it instantly. I worry about stuff like that. :D

my 40" in my bedroom is level, but the 40" in my living room isn't at all. It's slightly annoying.

And you have a Samsung TV too, like me. It seems like Samsung is notorious for having tilted stands. I should just not worry about it. Like I said, it's only one-tenth of an inch so I shouldn't let it bother me. I should just be happy that there's no dead pixels.

Edited by xraffle

• 2 months later...

I finally have a picture of my TV. So, now all of you can see how slanted my TV is. For some reason, it looks more exaggerated in the picture. But from my tape measure, it's leaning exactly one-eighth of an inch to the right.

post-253014-1235956544_thumb.jpg

Edited by xraffle

That red missing picture "X" is perfectly level to me :p

Hmm. It looked ok to me. Alright let me try this. Instead of linking the picture from photobucket, I'll edit the post and make the picture as an attachment. I hope everyone can see it now.

To be honest, I can see the slight variation but it's not enough to annoy me.

But is it enough for people to walk into my house and say, "Dude, what is wrong with your TV?" :D

I never had guests in my house ever since I got the TV, so I don't know how people will react.

I love my HP w2007 20" inch LCD monitor, but it was significantly off when I got it. I put a piece of cloth under the left side and it's all good. :D

Never noticed anything like that.... My monitor is an Acer too, you'd expect it be one very common with these lol!

I had a Samsung before, and the stand was a POS. Try contacting Samsung and have them send you a new stand replacement.

Have you ever watched Monk on The USA Network??? I really do not see a lean one way or the other. Get yourself a level and use some shims to make it level.

I had a Samsung before, and the stand was a POS. Try contacting Samsung and have them send you a new stand replacement.

I don't know. I don't think the tilt is that bad for me to go through that hassle. I barely notice it. It's after closer inspection and measuring it where I realized that it was leaning. Plus I really don't think getting a replacement will solve the problem. I think majority of LCD stands (at least, swivel ones) lean to one side a little bit. Even my Dell monitor leans to the right a little bit. It's actually leans worse than my Samsung TV. My LCD at work also leans to the right a little bit too. And they're all swivel stands. I think those types of stands are just like that.

I have my TV on my wall and i went 4-5 months before a mate said "Why isn't your TV straight" and i was annoied :p

So far, my Samsung LN32A450 LCD TV has been great. However, when looking through some reviews on Samsung TVs, some people were upset about their stands not being perfectly leveled. Then, I took a second look at my LCD and I think it might be a little tilted to the right. I measured it and it is leaning to the right about one-tenth of an inch. Now, maybe one-tenth of an inch is just minor and I'm just being anal about this. Of course, I didn't notice this until the thought came to my mind when I read the reviews. So, I could be overreacting. So, now it's bugging me because I don't wanted anyone coming over to my house and look at my TV wondering why it's slanted.

So my question is: Are LCDs stands supposed to be 100% perfectly leveled? Is it normal for some LCDs to lean to one side a little bit.

If it really means that much to you, go to your local friendly hardware store and purchase a 3 ft. level. Check to see if the table top is level. Same across the top of the screen. If it isn't, shim up the legs on the table until the table top is level. Standard single layer cardboard boxes are about .010" thick, your hardware store has tapered shims for thicker adjustment.

Given the state of the economy, the screen being level probably both the easiest to fix and at the same time, the least of your worries. :)

My tv is mounted on the wall and I was so particular when I leveled it with my laser level that it took me 3 tries to get it perfect. The wall behind the tv has eight extra holes in it now. It's that sort of thing that would drive me absolutely nuts and totally distract me from ever enjoying anything on the tv. I might be a bit OCD... :)

I feel your pain. It would drive me nuts. When I saw the pic of your tv I saw it right away. Eeeks!

Never noticed anything like that.... My monitor is an Acer too, you'd expect it be one very common with these lol!

My samsung 226BW isn't level :(. I had to wedge some pieces of paper under it to level it.

Looks like majority of Samsung LCD stands have that problem, based on the responses here and from some reviews I read.

Given the state of the economy, the screen being level probably both the easiest to fix and at the same time, the least of your worries. :)

Nah, we have Obama now. He'll fix everything. But that's a whole different issue. :D

So does this mean... Instead of asking your buddies "how's it hanging?" the new question is gonna be "how's it leaning". :p

Looks like majority of Samsung LCD stands have that problem, based on the responses here and from some reviews I read.

Nah, we have Obama now. He'll fix everything. But that's a whole different issue. :D

No way, he says it is leaning to the right. :)

When I saw the pic of your tv I saw it right away. Eeeks!

Yeah, well like I said, the picture exaggerates it a bit. Like for example, look at my home theater receiver on the bottom of the picture. It looks like it's leaning to the left, but it's not. That's perfectly straight. For some reason, my digital camera is always tilting things no matter how I angle the camera.

If it took you that much and this long to notice it then I don't think anyone else will.

yeah, I feel that.

yo my cousin had the same problem OP, I'd say go with an Atari 3000 and make due with an LCD vga dish. I copped mine in Japan, they're mad expensive but they have HD quality with room for your own technical adjusments.