@home problems, att mested up

i used to have @home for a year with no problems.

now after all this what happened.

att really mested up, they are limiting the download to about 60 to 80 kbps if you want more you need to pay extra.

i used to have between 500 to 800 kbps before.

lets get to the point, me and some of my friends want to change the isp.

and i need some help from the earthlink dsl, directv dsl, ameritech dsl and any other company in usa, i need help from people that have those services can you please tell me how much you pay, is it reliable and what is the speed.

thanks allot

Originally posted by nekrosoft13

did you lately tested yours bandwith

He would have probably noticed a difference if his 4mbps was cut down to 80 kpbs =) That sucks that they're limiting it that low now : I'm with cox@home and haven't noticed any decline in performance.

there is a real big difference in service everywhere... i have the same bandwidth that i had when i first uncapped my modem about a year ago..but everyone esle is getting 128k isdn bandwidth

Originally posted by irresponsibleki

can't any off you stupid ###### read? IT'S ONLY PREVIOUS @HOME PEOPLE STUCK WITH THE NEW AT&T SERVICE.

like me.

It's WACK.

oh well...looks like we're ###### with faster service =)

irresponsibleki,

Dont get so bent out of shape! You dont seem to realise that all we are trying to do is help and to discuss our "Pro's and Con's" of their service. I think that is why these forus are here in the first place. If I am wrong then please enlighten me...

I used to have Excite@Home (which is now crappy @AT&T) and my download speed is still 8Mb. What bugs me is that i have to do a ipconfig /renew everyfew webpages i go otherwise i get the 404 error.... this is really crap because excite was so much better and is still better than att even if they dont exist anymore...:evil:

ya geez at&t is definitely sucking. ive had to switch my dns servers to the ones the university uses so i dont get 404s everywhere. i hope i dont have an 80kps limit like others have mentioned. i guess i will check it out and see.

Does anyone know how to get to winipcfg through windows XP?

this 404 **** is gay. I can get to some webpages like neowin.net and almostsmart.com. Here's a kicker: I can get to excite.com but not attbi.com hahahah.

I got a phone call from them today, it was a recording saying that my cable modem was completely working, and all I had to do was turn on my computer (by pressing the power button). Then they instructed me to open my internet webpage browser and I would magically be presented with instructions about how to get my webpages working. Wall watta-ya-know I open IE and I got my usual startpage, only it was 404ed, surprise surprise.

What a crock of ****

No problem :D , I used to have the same problem with Rogers@home, except it coudnt go to any site or anything else on the internet (according to them, cable modem was overheating).

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but what does ipconfig /renew do? I don't know because I've never used this DHCP thing. I always had a static IP with @HOME and before that I had dialup.