@home problems, att mested up

Microsoft put it in their for the sole purpose of the enjoyment of At&t technical support. You see if you can actually get them to talk to you they tell you to renew your IP address, because you've obviously messed something up and its YOUR fault if your cable modem doesnt work. Either that or they tell you it's because your cable modem is overheating. I have had 4 cable modems replaces because they were "broken". Seems that replacing the cable modem does no good at all and it just has to come back up on its own.

Here's what usually happens when you call their technical support (I just went through this an hour ago): When you call 1-888-262-6300 you go through this big hoopla entering your billing information. Then you wait until they actually find some bum off the street to answer the damn phone. Then the bum says that they don't handle support calls (even though you pushed 10 buttons to get to the support section). They tell you to call 1-800-215-7788. They person that answers that phone (rather quickly actually), tells you that they don't know why you were pointed here and tell you the actuall support number is 1-888-262-6300. You say that you just called that number and were told to call 1-800-215-7788. So then the person relents and says she'll redirect you to the technical support department. After a few clicks you here the recording for 1-888-262-6300. ARgggg what ######. No wonder there is no wait time for the 735,000 users that are calling their support numbers, they just HANG UP!

thanks for all those replys.

but no one answered my question. :disappoin

i have to know what speed do you have in kbps. and not on at&t or any other cable.

i'm interested in switching to dsl. and i really interested in kbps download rate speed.

any one with earthlink, directv or ameritech dsl please tall me your download rate speed and is the service good?

thanks

To repair/renew your connection go into the network properties menu, right click on the Network connection you are using, and click on the repair option.

I have the same problem and have talked to AT&T 4 times and nobody knows what is going on. I have to "repair" my connection every 2 minutes so I can see something else which has been happening ever since I got my connection back. They always think it is some magical setting on my computer that is wrong but it has to be their crappy network b/c I have changed nothing since having @home.

If anyone finds out what is happening post a message so we all can fix it.

Originally posted by D1V1510N

Is there any way to make it so that at a push of a button, your IP would renew? I was thinking of something like a .bat file.

yes using a .bat file would be the easiest way. simply rename the attached file .bat

then you can make a shortcut to it or a quickstart item

hell yeah

done!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just got of the phone with ameritech

i will switch to ameritech dsl in about 10 days. :):):):):lick: :p :evil:

and they said that they qurantee download transfer rate of 384 kbps and max of 768 kbps. hell yeah

http://webservices.cnet.com/Bandwidth/

go there to test your bandwidth

Lol..stop whining. Hehe, that is major bull**** that your speed is only 80 kbps now.. but look on the bright side- i get ****ing 2 kb per second. yours is 40x faster then mine. you should be happy.

by the way, your sig is to damn big nekro. please change it.. or let a mod do it for you ;D

well I was move to AT&T's network as well and had the dns problems but I'm ok now. The only problem is of course the d/l speeds I'm accustomed to gettting (usually 350-400kb/s) has dropped considerably to about 100-150kb/s which is still good so I'm not too upset. Just stick it out and wait till AT&T gets their network sorted out and hopefully things would go back to the way it used to be. Till then take a chill pill, your not going to die if you can't d/l at 400kb/s

lol... i dont have cable/dsl or anything.. i am on good old dial-up.. and i am beating Faction.. :p.. hehe.. dont feel bad... i am downloading right now.. so.. my speed shout be higher.. ;)

laterz ;)

We used to have so much fun with ameritech. We had all the numbers for their central office, we would call up and talk to the operators. Sometimes we could confince them that we worked there and get the "password of the day". One time an operator let us make a long distance phone call to indiana billed to her supervisers account. Another time this really..immature operator got fed up with us and just starting pushing numbers on her keypad for a minute before hanging up (I have the wav somewhere around here).

my at&t connection dropped again this morning and took a few mins to come back....later on i noticed that my ip name is @a.mshome.net what does mshome.net mean? is microsoft somehow involved with at&t?

I'll have to get a friend to give me that wav its on his comp. As for the mshome.net, that is the defualt domain for computers not set up for commercial domains (remember this is a win2k kernal). So in reality everyone "official" domain is [CompName].mshome.net

Here is something that ****es me off: I assume some of you have downloaded the "configuration utility". From what I can gather there are three things it does:

1) Set up your comp to obtain IP automatically (which of course was ALREADY SETUP on most of our machines).

2) Added the attbi.com newsgroup to outlook express (like i'll ever visit that)

3) Commender Outlook Express' and IE's window title so instead of saying "Microsoft Internet Explorer" it sasy "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO AT&T BROADBAND".

gee thanks at&t I'm glad you made that really useful configurator to 'fix' my internet by changing title bars. My internet still goes down every five minutes because their DHCP is ******