Best time to buy a TV

So guys, January sales are coming up and usually there is alot of good deals, however i tend to buy too soon, last year i bought my HDTV during the end of the sales and for ?870 i thought i got a great great buy however a few months down the line it was ?600 or so in the summer sales.

So for a 32" TV (Buying for my mother for next 2/3 xmas's) when is the best time to buy ?

Thanks

Nicholas-c

So guys, January sales are coming up and usually there is alot of good deals, however i tend to buy too soon, last year i bought my HDTV during the end of the sales and for ?870 i thought i got a great great buy however a few months down the line it was ?600 or so in the summer sales.

So for a 32" TV (Buying for my mother for next 2/3 xmas's) when is the best time to buy ?

Thanks

Nicholas-c

A "few months down the line" I suppose...

Thanks

Nicholas-c

If only we can predict the future. But we can't, so only time will tell. But like another poster has pointed out, prices always fall but you're going to have to bite the bullet sometime. I mean, how long can you wait?

prices will continue to drop through jan, and with the recession prices probably come down even more after this to seduce you.

note that older tv's with 720 and no digital tuner will fall even more than they already have as newer 1080 variations with digital tuners are released (this has been happening for ages anyway) but with the new year and people realising the difference between 1080 and 720 prices will continue to fall.

Because 32 will still be LCD it's bigger brothers 36/37 will be the top end product costing the most, so look out for when new models are about to be released, you'll notice as stores need to clear stocks the prices will fall, probably at the end of the first quarter

Chances are 32 will dip to the lowest point mid next year at which point the savings will really be unnoticable.

All depends what spec 32 your looking for, prices for these are already very low for "basic models" which would probably include 720 res and no digital tuner, it's unlikely for these to fall much lower than they are, but for the slightly higher priced models to drop over time.

Biggest price drops for the new year will be plasma, based on 36-60" sized screens and should find that 720 availability of these models will be reduced as 1080 is noticably better at these resolutions.

Since most households won't want to go above 52" I doubt to see big changes over the coming years other than models becoming cheaper as new models include sat recievers, hdd's etc.

Good luck!

I buy things when I am happy with the price to pay and feel I am getting a deal, otherwise you can always wait and wait for it to be lower.

Also what I heard is Wholesale of Sony TV's will increase in the new year, due to the weak ? and cuting production.

Just bought a 42" LG from dixons in their sale yesterday (3pm - 6pm) Came in at just under ?500 delivered.

The truth is, prices are going to constantly drop, no matter when you buy there will always be a cheaper version just around the corner. Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and get on it with.