Fivestar Windows 7 Build 7000 x86 screenshots

Honestly... I think it should be perfectly fine to "pirate" pre-release versions of OS'.

Its not like your going to use a beta OS as your main system.

Your going to want to get the RTM version anyways.

Who are you really hurting by pirating a pre-released OS that cannot be bought?

If you can't buy it, then how are you stealing it if it has no value? No one is losing any money.

As a suggestion, I think Neowin should start supporting sharing of pre-released copies of Windows.

But of course that won't happen. Ever.

The provide us with filename, build number, md5 hash etc - pretty specific details. That's pretty much all the details most people require when searching for it on certain sites.

in a way it's all wasted bandwidth anyway as i'm sure most people are going to install it for 5 minutes in vmware, post screenshots on their blog and then delete it.

Really? So not only did the employee but the spouse and children which are all family would have a reason to lie?

Get real. There is nothing that shows this is a real build. Yeah i believe this site just like the Build was gonna be given out to people 48 hours after the email was sent out? I still didnt see that yet this site claimed that was the truth.

The only thing i see is a bunch of screenshots. With photoshop that can be accomplished. With some editing of system files the build number can be changed.

I believe my family over this site anyday. The claims that you folks here have had in regards to Windows 7 have been wrong more than right. I am not spouting BS. I am giving facts that are true. Do you have family that works there? Do you know what project they are working on? Can you give a hire date and the previous company they worked for? Can you tell us what they make, their bonus and where they moved from? Can you give any PROOF other than a screenshot?

I can give those types of details. I already said what project he works on. Dont claim my statement for BS when you dont know jack. My source used to work for Kodak in Rochester, NY then went to Microsoft in September. There he works on the HyperV project. I wont devulge his salary cause it just aint right. But it is a big sum. 6 figures. So yeah i am spouting BS. I have ever reason to fabracate all this information. Just cause i dont want to believe it is true...get real.

When i have every family member in the house tell me that the person has been home since Thursday and 3 of them being kids who have no reason to lie. Your right. Let me believe a source that has spouted off information that has been wrong before instead of believeing a family member that hasnt lied to me yet. Espically about something like this.

Kudos! Love how people are treated here when they give real info. Treated as liars when i have no reason to lie. I have no reason to fabracate something like this. I am not that active here and yet people are going to say stuff about me when they dont even know me. Makes me glad i signed up to be a member of such a prestgious site. :laugh:

Yeah right. Couldnt help myself. So go ahead and check the weather reports for Redmond,WA over the past week.

http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:USWA0367

Right now there is a Flood Watch. But what do i know. I guess me and the weather services are all lying about how bad it is out there. Let me guess i hacked those sites to show that i am telling the truth as well? :laugh:

Thanks for the good laugh. Interesting to see how someone who wants to share information is recieved.

I don't think anyone is questioning the validity of MS folks not being at work since the 18th due to the weather in the area.

The point of fact is that Beta 1 has a build date of 12/12/98 and was released to Tap around the 15th so 3 days before the weather hit.

El

Really? So not only did the employee but the spouse and children which are all family would have a reason to lie?

Get real. There is nothing that shows this is a real build. Yeah i believe this site just like the Build was gonna be given out to people 48 hours after the email was sent out? I still didnt see that yet this site claimed that was the truth.

The only thing i see is a bunch of screenshots. With photoshop that can be accomplished. With some editing of system files the build number can be changed.

I believe my family over this site anyday. The claims that you folks here have had in regards to Windows 7 have been wrong more than right. I am not spouting BS. I am giving facts that are true. Do you have family that works there? Do you know what project they are working on? Can you give a hire date and the previous company they worked for? Can you tell us what they make, their bonus and where they moved from? Can you give any PROOF other than a screenshot?

I can give those types of details. I already said what project he works on. Dont claim my statement for BS when you dont know jack. My source used to work for Kodak in Rochester, NY then went to Microsoft in September. There he works on the HyperV project. I wont devulge his salary cause it just aint right. But it is a big sum. 6 figures. So yeah i am spouting BS. I have ever reason to fabracate all this information. Just cause i dont want to believe it is true...get real.

When i have every family member in the house tell me that the person has been home since Thursday and 3 of them being kids who have no reason to lie. Your right. Let me believe a source that has spouted off information that has been wrong before instead of believeing a family member that hasnt lied to me yet. Espically about something like this.

Kudos! Love how people are treated here when they give real info. Treated as liars when i have no reason to lie. I have no reason to fabracate something like this. I am not that active here and yet people are going to say stuff about me when they dont even know me. Makes me glad i signed up to be a member of such a prestgious site. :laugh:

Yeah right. Couldnt help myself. So go ahead and check the weather reports for Redmond,WA over the past week.

Right now there is a Flood Watch. But what do i know. I guess me and the weather services are all lying about how bad it is out there. Let me guess i hacked those sites to show that i am telling the truth as well? :laugh:

Thanks for the good laugh. Interesting to see how someone who wants to share information is recieved.

I'm running the build. And as you might have seen in my previous posts, I don't post bull**** when it's not real.

By the way, all Microsoft's ISO's have a compile date on them. This one is 12/12/08. So it doesn't matter if there is someone at the Microsoft offices or not. If someone who received the build in the last two weeks just leaks it today doesn't mean they have to be in Redmond.

(eldoen was faster >.<)

I believe my family over this site anyday.

With those three lines alone, I point out your utter hypocrisy with regards to how you automatically claim that Fivestar is a liar, and how you have been perceived to "treat" the "real info" that he has presented.

In your own words.... Get real.

Edit:

Forgot to add that nearly everyone, their mothers, and their dogs knows someone in some way or another who works at Microsoft.

With those three lines alone, I point out your utter hypocrisy with regards to how you automatically claim that Fivestar is a liar, and how you have been perceived to "treat" the "real info" that he has presented.

In your own words.... Get real.

Edit:

Forgot to add that nearly everyone, their mothers, and their dogs knows someone in some way or another who works at Microsoft.

+1

Yeah I thought 7 was supposed to be 64bit only.

As someone else said, Win7 will support both 32 and 64bit. Let's face it, all MS wants to do right now is get everyone to upgrade to the latest Windows and let the money pour in after having put off sales or downgrading to XP for the last two years. On top of that, majority of the software available does not support 64bit fully yet.

But, count on Win8 being 64bit only.

...and I am downloading away right now. Will let you guys know my initial thoughts in a few hours.

As someone else said, Win7 will support both 32 and 64bit. Let's face it, all MS wants to do right now is get everyone to upgrade to the latest Windows and let the money pour in after having put off sales or downgrading to XP for the last two years. On top of that, majority of the software available does not support 64bit fully yet.

But, count on Win8 being 64bit only.

...and I am downloading away right now. Will let you guys know my initial thoughts in a few hours.

dont know where you been but in the last few years most anything 32bit will run on a 64bit Os and most anything games and or well software has had plenty time to have a 64bit version and or patch and you should see No issues running software on vista 64bit or windows 64bit and if for some odd reason ya do it is most likely to damn old or USER Error

Funny how the beta leaks while there's flood warnings in Richmond :p

... i'll get my coat :(

Hahaha - my kind of humor mate!

Downloading now - FivestarVIP, you have a PM! :D

dont know where you been but in the last few years most anything 32bit will run on a 64bit Os and most anything games and or well software has had plenty time to have a 64bit version and or patch and you should see No issues running software on vista 64bit or windows 64bit and if for some odd reason ya do it is most likely to damn old or USER Error

I might have forgotten to mention it, but I do know 64bit is backward compat with 32bit. But, what I think we both know is there are at least some businesses out there that might be running some programs within their infrastructure not fully compat with 64bit. The other thing is hardware is just getting to the point where 4gb is becoming standard for most new computers and 4gb is the minimum memory needed to actually start taking full advantage of 64bit. Those two things make it more sensible for MS to give everyone another 3 more years to prepare 64bit only Windows.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Win8 will be both 32 and 64 bit, but Win9 is rumoured to be only 64 bit.

This was probably just a rumor though, however it does seem plausible. Win7 Server is only 64 bit if I am not mistaken.

On-topic - downloading now, 55% done. Should be done in about half an hour, then will chuck it on this PC and see whats on offer! This will be my first big go on Win7, save for installing on Virtual PC. That was too slow to bother with!

Seattle has indeed been hit with a very unusual amount of snow, ice, and cold. Most people have been off on vacation so wouldn't have been at work anyway. Some people have still gone to work, though. I haven't, but I've received mails from others who have. It's probably largely empty though.

Regardless, you don't really think these leaks come from somebody at the Microsoft campus do you?

All 32bit applications unless really old and very badly programmed for will run on a 64bit OS it has been said many times before so don't argue about nuff said

Hessitation to go x64 is mainly due to the driver policy that has been implemented where drivers have to be signed to work (atleast in vista and 7 not sure about 2003 and xp x64). Where as x86 it's optional I believe to enable only signed drivers to be allowed or not.

Driver signing isn't a disadvantage. IF there is a driver for x64 (and there is one for almost everything that's not 5 years old atm) it's usually better and more stable.

I saw that link in the "Come on follow me baby" thread before it was removed, and thanks to my carelessness of not ever removing my history, I managed to find that link again woot! I thought it deserved a second look. It's pretty genuine to anyone who actually caught the link and has extensive browsing history such as me.

Edit: Also, in that blog link that I was fortunate enough to catch, there was a link to the activation program. Lol, teasin some more.

Edited by Recon415

Driver signing isn't a disadvantage. IF there is a driver for x64 (and there is one for almost everything that's not 5 years old atm) it's usually better and more stable.

Yes but 3rd party hardware or applications that depend on drivers not signed and aren't frequently updated it can cause serious problems because you don't have a choice of forcing them to work with legacy drivers or anything.

Yes but 3rd party hardware or applications that depend on drivers not signed and aren't frequently updated it can cause serious problems because you don't have a choice of forcing them to work with legacy drivers or anything.

You can disable the driver signing check. Only problem you have then is that there are virtually none unsigned x64 drivers because it makes no sense.