Windows 7 build 7000 (Beta 1) QnA!

Well, on my MacBook Pro I needed to install the RealTek Audio Drivers from the RealTek web site. The Boot Camp audio drivers didn't work.

Also I installed official nVidia drivers from nVidia web site (the Boot Camp nVidia drivers DID work, but I wanted to have the latest drivers).

Is it just me or do I not see "Beta 1" listed on the desktop tag in this build... pretty sure that since it doesn't say that this means this isn't going to be the Beta 1 build so, why are people in such a huff over it? :D

-sighs-... Honestly.. I don't see any difference over Vista, It performs the same, acts the same, pretty much looks the same.. and that's not what I was hoping would happen, I was hoping they'd improve on Vista to the point that if I install Windows 7, I'm not installing a rehashed version of Windows Vista.. seriously.. it's like Vista 2nd Edition... and for that I'm switching back to XP with intent to either buy a Mac, or use Linux.. I'm done with Windows.. :(

-sighs-... Honestly.. I don't see any difference over Vista, It performs the same, acts the same, pretty much looks the same.. and that's not what I was hoping would happen, I was hoping they'd improve on Vista to the point that if I install Windows 7, I'm not installing a rehashed version of Windows Vista.. seriously.. it's like Vista 2nd Edition... and for that I'm switching back to XP with intent to either buy a Mac, or use Linux.. I'm done with Windows.. :(

Yes, because:

Windows 7's taskbar functions the same way it does in Windows Vista doesn't it?

'Aero Peek' and 'Aero Snap' are both in Windows Vista aren't they?

Having the functionality to be able to search Flickr (and other web services) inside the native Windows Search ('Federation Searching') was in Windows Vista wasn't it?

The useful Libraries feature (which has changed the way people will access their folders) was in Windows Vista wasn't it?

A much more functional and improved calculator (complete with 'Programmer' mode and many other new features) was included in Windows Vista wasn't it?

Windows Vista was built with touch-screen capable monitors in mind and full touch-screen gestures supported wasn't it?

Windows Vista was faster than it's predecessor and more lightweight, with DWM memory usage cut by 50% in regards to that of its predecessor, as well as much less services starting up when Windows starts than its predecessor, wasn't it?

Yes, -Hiroshi-... I see your point... :rolleyes:

Edited by cJr.

Yes, because:

Windows 7's taskbar functions the same way it does in Windows Vista doesn't it?

'Aero Peek' and 'Aero Snap' are both in Windows Vista aren't they?

Having the functionality to be able to search Flickr (and other web services) inside the native the Windows Search (federation searching) was in Windows Vista wasn't it?

The useful Libraries feature (which has changed the way people will access their folders) was in Windows Vista wasn't it?

A much more functional and improved calculator (complete with 'Programmer' mode and many other new features) was included in Windows Vista wasn't it?

Windows Vista was built with touch-screen capable monitors in mind and full touch-screen gestures supported wasn't it?

Windows Vista was faster than it's predecessor and more lightweight, with DWM memory usage cut by 50% in regards to that of its predecessor, as well as much less services starting up when Windows starts than its predecessor, wasn't it?

Yes, -Hiroshi-... I see your point... :rolleyes:

Hah lol pwned =D

Wish they are actually thinking of adding a new theme or better GUI. cause W7 still looks and feels like Vista on steroids. Now only if they have some last min theme changes and throw in some pleasing theme and i am sold on w7.

Hey, I got it from a trusted FTP site at 300kbps.

"Pureelite" that's all I can say.

LOL, please if you find this too revealing, remove this(mods). I'm not trying to do any harm to neowin.

i guess you are looking for os that breaks or software/HW to complain about it later

such a double standard people whine about everything

i guess you are looking for os that breaks or software/HW to complain about it later

such a double standard people whine about everything

It appears to me that he is looking for visual changes only seeing as though he did not acknowledge any of the functional changes (new features) or performance improvements... :rolleyes:

My question. :)

What CD/DVD ROM Emulation programs that do work with this build?

Alcohol 52%? DAEMON Tools?

Thanks,

McoreD

PowerISO works with 7.

I wonder if gaming and punkbuster work alright. Both the classic and PnkA and PnkB service punkbusters.

Very much doubt PunkBuster will work in a beta OS that isn't even meant to be available yet.

I wonder if gaming and punkbuster work alright. Both the classic and PnkA and PnkB service punkbusters.

I have seem to get it running but it's flip of the coin with battlefield 2. Some servers It runs fine and others punkbuster will dump me for Unknown Windows API Function [131131] So hopefully they'll fix it once beta 1 is a bit more widespread and public.

Have fun.

Sounds like you should be a Mac user, I am sure you will fit in.

Just wondering, any chance the new bootscreen works on lower resolution screens? (I know in previous builds it won't work on aspire one because of its resolution).

After using build 7000 for over 24 hours now, I see nothing changed so it must be all under the hood.. As well, the "Classic start menu" is still gone so I am assuming its no longer in Win7.. Runs very stable with my Dell XPS m1730 except the Broadcom driver, which is fine.. I use WiFi.. (Intel 4965 works fine also).. Looking forward to the next build or RTM.. :) As for X64, its out.. a gig bigger. :)