• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

New Time Warner Cable DVR interface sucks!

hyde+    7

I just got my old box replaced with a new one, and what a joke, it is far inferior to what we had previously, so word of caution, if you have Scientific Atlanta SA8300HD with Passport/Aptive interface, do not take it back for a repair or replacement, unless you absolutely must or if they can guarantee you that they will not slap you with SA8300HDC instead! I made a big mistake, while I could have just swapped the hard drive, I opted for replacement and got this p.o.s.

I am with TWC NYC.

Andrew Lyle    336

Got a pic of it? Rogers is no better... They haven't changed their buggy interface in over 6-7 years

I am Reid    45

I have both boxes, and they are almost exactly the same.

Astra.Xtreme    2,809

I'd be more ****ed about Time Warner canceling half of the channels.

I know I am.

I am Reid    45

I know I am.

Are you refering to the situation of Viacom being greedy ******** by wanting to charge more for TV shows which they offer for free online to anybody, in which time warner gave them a "**** you", and stuck up for their customers?

yeah, i think you are

Astra.Xtreme    2,809

All I know is that I'm not going to pay over $100 per month to have half the channels as everybody else and nothing to watch.

DaDude    46

I know I am.

Yeah, I just subscribed to HD service a couple of days ago just in time for New Year's and then, I find out that I'm going lose a handful of my favorite channels. Boy, Time Warner is trying very hard to make me unsubscribe to their service. I have to admit, they're doing a great job because you have no idea how ticked off I am right now. There's a lot of great programs that are going to be on at New Year's and I'm not going to be able to watch them

I am Reid    45
Yeah, I just subscribed to HD service a couple of days ago just in time for New Year's and then, I find out that I'm going lose a handful of my favorite channels. Boy, Time Warner is trying very hard to make me unsubscribe to their service. I have to admit, they're doing a great job because you have no idea how ticked off I am right now. There's a lot of great programs that are going to be on at New Year's and I'm not going to be able to watch them

You would complain if they increased their prices, and you will complain if you dont have the channels. That cant win in the minds of people like you who use no rational thought.

DaDude    46
You would complain if they increased their prices, and you will complain if you dont have the channels. That cant win in the minds of people like you who use no rational thought.

Well Direct TV and Fios will still have those channels by midnight. So if they were able to work something out without causing a problem, why can't Time Warner?

And trust me, with the ridiculous rates that Time Warner charges, I doubt they'll really need to increase the cable bill if they accept Viacom's agreement. Time Warner is just money hungry and greedy. They want to maintain the same (if not, more) profit.

(Spork)    87

ill stick to my direct tv Time Warner is the suck where i live

DaDude    46
ill stick to my direct tv Time Warner is the suck where i live

Really? Because according to reidtheweed01, they're so wonderful that they're pulling off channels to look out for their subscribers. :rolleyes:

+primortal    12,218

The SA8300HDC OS is HORRIBLE compared to the SA8300HD one. The SA8300HDC has so many bugs its not even funny anymore.

As-far-as as loosing the channels at midnight, I'm for it. Viacom will lose more money dropping TW than if they stayed with TW at the current price. If TW caves in, whats to stop other networks from going the same route?

DaDude    46
Viacom will lose more money dropping TW than if they stayed with TW at the current price. If TW caves in, whats to stop other networks from going the same route?

The only one losing out is us. I bet TW and Viacom are happy about doing this.

I was telling my dad about this since he also has TW and he said he's happy and hopes all those channels get trashed. Sigh. Sometimes people, including my folks, can drive me off the wall.

Marshalus    50

I hate my SA8300HDC, Time Warner, their channel line up, their Internet service, their customer service, their pricing... everything. Problem is, my only other alternative is dish and I have to pay my apartment complex out to the nose for the ability to mount one because they have a contract with Time Warner. My contract is up this month but I'm going to be forced to sign a new one if I don't come up with a better alternative.

winlonghorn    103

I hate Time Warner as well. They took over for Adelphia Cable here in Millcreek, PA 2 years ago and they still haven't given us all of the channels that their Erie, PA customers have and we are a suburb of Erie!!! :( Also, they have absolute crap for HD Service!!!! I actually was a DirectTv customer as well, but they overbilled me and I couldn't afford to keep it anymore. Just like any other company lately! Pure freakin' greed!!!!!!!! :(

DaDude    46
Also, they have absolute crap for HD Service!!!!

Really? One thing I have to give TW credit for is that it's free. I just upgraded to that a couple of days ago. I haven't used it much because I've been busy, but I'll be using it tonight and tomorrow. Let's see what problems I run into.

Astra.Xtreme    2,809

^Where I am, I only get about 2 or 3 HD channels and they are ones not worth watching anyway.

I pay the same for basic cable and internet as my parents do and they get every premium channel and HD their service has available.

As much as I think DSL will suck, U-Verse is looking mighty tempting.

DaDude    46

I was telling my friends about this and they're all convinced it was just a bluff. Viacom is going to lose too much money if they go through with this. So, let's not worry about this. Tune into MTV, VH1, CC, or Nick at midnight without any worries.

toadeater    1
I was telling my friends about this and they're all convinced it was just a bluff. Viacom is going to lose too much money if they go through with this. So, let's not worry about this. Tune into MTV, VH1, CC, or Nick at midnight without any worries.

Ha, I'd love it if MTV and VH1 both dropped dead. All the good stuff is on the internet, or live. The stuff MTV shows you is basically one unending clothing and bling-bling commercial. MTV is incapable of showing truly good music because that kind of music doesn't sell SUVs.

I'm not happy with TW's promised rollout of new HD channels in December. Half of them are glitchy and stutter, the other half don't broadcast in HD as claimed. The Chiller channel didn't even make it all. Well, at least there's still Fearnet and the few obscure horror movies they show once in a while, and Battlestar Galactica will finally be HD on the sci-fi channel so I don't have to pirate it anymore.

DaDude    46
Ha, I'd love it if MTV and VH1 both dropped dead. All the good stuff is on the internet, or live. The stuff MTV shows you is basically one unending clothing and bling-bling commercial. MTV is incapable of showing truly good music because that kind of music doesn't sell SUVs.

I don't care about those. What bums me out is Nickelodeon and TV Land. I love watching Nick at Nite and there are some great classic shows on TV Land. As for the rest of the channels, yeah, they can drop dead.

I'm not happy with TW's promised rollout of new HD channels in December. Half of them are glitchy and stutter, the other half don't broadcast in HD as claimed.

You know what makes these "HD channels" even better? The fact that some of those HD channels like, E! and ABC Family, look like the SD channel, only it's upconverted. What makes it even better is that they show widescreen content in the 4:3 format.

Edited by xraffle

aussiefloyd_fan    6

I know I am.

i saw something about that last night but im with cox.... ""my friend in the digital age""

i forgot to check and see it i got them zapped aswell i dont think so AS i am watching NICK right now

The Humanist    0

I worked for Time Warner until 8 months or so ago, their service is awesome and they treat their employees damn well. shame I had to leave them.

I am Reid    45
You know what makes these "HD channels" even better? The fact that some of those HD channels like, E! and ABC Family, look like the SD channel, only it's upconverted. What makes it even better is that they show widescreen content in the 4:3 format.

That is not time warners fault.

DaDude    46
That is not time warners fault.

lol, I know. My bad if my statement came out the wrong way. Yeah, it's the network's fault. Time Warner is just transmitting the signal. I'm just hoping this will all change soon since more and more people are buying HDTVs.