.NET seminar answering age old question

I just got back from a Microsoft Visual Studio .NET seminar, first I must say it was a very informative seminar some great information on the whole .NET and how its interloping everything together. One of the questions raised at the end however wasn't necessarily .NET related but still something on everyones mind. The question was about the origin the the abbreviation NT. I understand there has been some debate over this and the Microsoft employee said the official naming for it was New Technology. Something else interesting he pointed out was that one of the lead programmers on the project, Dave something, had originally been working on VMS and after not being allowed to continue his project Gates picked him up and they started the NT kernel. The internal name for this was WNT (Windows New Technology). When you add one letter to each character in VMS what do you get? WNT. Just something I found interesting.

i heard people internal to microsoft say in interviews that it initiated from some processor or emulated processor that NT was originally built to run on too... who knows i guess?

Yea N-ten... cause MS stole a bunch of employees from a company called Digital and htey were developing the N-Ten so thjey put NT as the monicar basically saying haha...

We work for your competitor now... Yea well Digital is now gone by the way side and so has NT... LOL