Working Firewall for Windows 2003 Server

Which firewall softwares are you guys using with windows 2003 server? I have tried a few, but none have been much luck. Here is a list of the ones that I have tried.

Kero Firewall - BSOD on bootup. too bad, this is my favorite firewall.

Mcaffee - works! but its pretty useless firewall, didnt like the configuration.

Tiny Firewall - works! but its quite tricky to configure.

Sygate Firewall - works! but Internet Sharing refuses to work with it.

Norton Internet Security - works! but very troublesome.

Anyone have any luck with any other firewalls?

thanks!

chinky

Have you tried Zone Alarm ? Its the best firewall soft around imho - and pro has easily the best ad blocker for browsers that don't have one built in

i have tried zone alarm. the version thati tried (not too old) was giving me driver errors in the systray.. saying that certain drivers for zone alarm were not able to load.

The one thats part of "Routing & Remote Access" :D

You all need to stop thinking "Workstation" and think "Server"

The Reason why the Windows Server Platform is so damn expensive is because of what is avalible to the Network Admin.

Welcome to Routing and Remote Access

Routing and Remote Access provides secure remote access to private networks.

Use Routing and remote access to configure the following:

? A secure connection between two private networks.

? A Virtual Private Network (VPN) gateway.

? A Dial-up remote access server.

? Network address translation (NAT).

? LAN ? A basic firewall.irewall.

To add a Routing and Remote Access server, on the Action menu, click Add Server.

For more information about setting up Routing and Remote Access server, deployment scenarios, and troubleshooting, see Help.

Edited by xStainDx

i use kerio personal firewall. works pretty well, my favorite too. do you know how to get ride of the splash screen?

Are you using Kerio Firewall with windows 2003 server (Standard). I am using it, and it gives me a BSOD on bootup. :crazy:

Are you using Kerio Firewall with windows 2003 server (Standard). I am using it, and it gives me a BSOD on bootup. :crazy:

I wish you all would take some of my advise, and just configure the server platform for what its worth.

I wish you all would take some of my advise, and just configure the server platform for what its worth.

worth a shot :) i just like how the 3rd party firewalls are application-based. rather then configuring ports, you just configure the application.

you guys use soft side firewalls for 2k3? What about hard firewalls? Any in paticular hardware firewalls have trouble with 2k3? Id rather not specify my hardware firewall but if any of you are running one and are experiencing problems what kind of issues are you exp?

you guys use soft side firewalls for 2k3? What about hard firewalls? Any in paticular hardware firewalls have trouble with 2k3? Id rather not specify my hardware firewall but if any of you are running one and are experiencing problems what kind of issues are you exp?

My Systems are behind routers. :happy:

Which firewall softwares are you guys using with windows 2003 server? I have tried a few, but none have been much luck. Here is a list of the ones that I have tried.

Kero Firewall - BSOD on bootup. too bad, this is my favorite firewall.

Mcaffee - works! but its pretty useless firewall, didnt like the configuration.

Tiny Firewall - works! but its quite tricky to configure.

Sygate Firewall - works! but Internet Sharing refuses to work with it.

Norton Internet Security - works! but very troublesome.

Anyone have any luck with any other firewalls?

thanks!

chinky

it's windows server 2003! not windows 2003 server!

whats a good firewall for windows 2000 server? since my hardware firewall will be down over this summer

Routing and Remote Access. :rolleyes:

Routing and Remote Access. :rolleyes:

The built-in firewall sucks... It has way too few options... Or the options are very well hidden. Are you, for example, able to restrict access for different applications with it? Or at least restrict access to some port only to a set of IP addresses?

Routing and Remote Access.  :rolleyes:

Why am I getting the impression that no one is listening to you xStainDx? You're making complete sense to me...

Use whats integrated into the OS. It's there for a reason...

Im using the latest version of Tiny Firewall on two windows server 2003 pc's and they work fine,, the only thing that does not seem to work is the log analyser. upon running it it says script errors. Its the same story on both pc's.

Other than that it runs like a champ if you spend time to configure it properly.