Windows 7 Official Public Beta

for god sake wy do people say its not coming out on the 5th its still only 11:55am BRITISH TIME. Microsoft are in redmond which is MINUS 8 HOURS!!! they are still ned bed!

MS should employ robots , this way we wont have to wait :p well the robots might have bsod :rofl:

Anybody know the time in redmond now?

i think it is 7AM

Meh I'll just sleep soon then, so I can wake up to win7 in the morning :p

I think that's being overly optimistic. Obviously we're all hopeful it will be released soon but these things often take longer than people expect.

Its 14:17 here already and the link is not active yet.... guess if it really becomes active itll be somewhere in the evening for me or early morning next day... :rolleyes:

I wonder why they have not even posted about it on the US Technet page. I wonder why it seems like the subscribers in the US are less important then subscribers over in China and we have the corporate location here.

I wonder why they have not even posted about it on the US Technet page. I wonder why it seems like the subscribers in the US are less important then subscribers over in China and we have the corporate location here.

Don't be sad. China has about 4 times as much inhabitants and is where the sun rises :)

OK so much FUD in this thread. 7000 is beta 1, they branched for the RTM/RC builds starting at 7003. 7001 and 7002 are reserved (skipped). QFE patch is coming for the 7000 build via WU

Not sure if some people were born yesterday but Microsoft rarely puts things up the day they say they will. It's usually the next day or the one after. With that said, i HIGHLY doubt anything will be ready for download until the keynote speech or whatever happens. They gotta talk about it first before they just give it out! Which is what, later today?

Ok. So when is it being released..and what is the non-sense with the mp3's. I don't want to install anything if it's going to mess with my mp3 tags.

Ok. So when is it being released..and what is the non-sense with the mp3's. I don't want to install anything if it's going to mess with my mp3 tags.

It's WMP 12 that causes it, not Windows 7 itself.

Not sure if some people were born yesterday but Microsoft rarely puts things up the day they say they will. It's usually the next day or the one after. With that said, i HIGHLY doubt anything will be ready for download until the keynote speech or whatever happens. They gotta talk about it first before they just give it out! Which is what, later today?

Keep in mind that there are time zones. I have rarely seen Microsoft miss the release date for a beta when you account for time zones.

Keep in mind that there are time zones. I have rarely seen Microsoft miss the release date for a beta when you account for time zones.

;)

Vista SP2 public beta anyone? That was the last public beta and if i remember correctly it was a full 24 hours late if not longer.

;)

Vista SP2 public beta anyone? That was the last public beta and if i remember correctly it was a full 24 hours late if not longer.

Ok, Ok, maybe I just had a temporary lapse in memory there. Sorry, it has been a little while. I guess memory loss comes earlier than the experts say huh? ROFL :p

i don't care when i get it just as long as i get it, got it ? :rofl:

True! Sorry that I goofed up on that one btw. :)

It's WMP 12 that causes it, not Windows 7 itself.

It's editing the file metadata that causes it, so this can happen if you use Explorer too (I've used both WMP and Explorer to edit a lot of files in my huge library, I'm scared to check exactly what has been chopped).

If you use WMP with all the automatic song info updating turned off, you should be fine.

Ok, Ok, maybe I just had a temporary lapse in memory there. Sorry, it has been a little while. I guess memory loss comes earlier than the experts say huh? ROFL :p

True! Sorry that I goofed up on that one btw. :)

Hehe its ok. Well i am accounting for time zones, i live in the dam redmond time zone!

Hehe its ok. Well i am accounting for time zones, i live in the dam redmond time zone!

Ah ok! Didn't know that. Again, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions so quickly. :)

OK so much FUD in this thread. 7000 is beta 1, they branched for the RTM/RC builds starting at 7003. 7001 and 7002 are reserved (skipped). QFE patch is coming for the 7000 build via WU

Have you been reading the Microsoft articles about the leak, 7000 was a meant to be Beta 1 build, whats the point of releasing if everyone has already and MS knows about it.

Just you wait i'm guessing for something higher.

RTM is not 7001/2/3....too much reading of made up stuff lol

Have you been reading the Microsoft articles about the leak, 7000 was a meant to be Beta 1 build, whats the point of releasing if everyone has already and MS knows about it.

Ummm saves them a lot of money and bandwidth!

Did Microsoft actually ever confirm that the release was going to be today? I thought it was always just plain ol' "Early January", and there was no "Microsoft Approved" date to go with that.

Just you wait i'm guessing for something higher.

RTM is not 7001/2/3....too much reading of made up stuff lol

What's the point of releasing it if pretty much everyone that currently has it acquired it illegally? Are you simple?

7003 is the START of the RTM build. Clearly can't read either.