Windows 7 Official Public Beta

Will I need to pay money for a subscription to access the beta or will it be a public beta that anyone can access and provide feedback/bug reports on?

It would a bummer if I needed money to access the beta as I don't have any money at the time.

Will I need to pay money for a subscription to access the beta or will it be a public beta that anyone can access and provide feedback/bug reports on?

It would a bummer if I needed money to access the beta as I don't have any money at the time.

It's a public beta. :)

legally you are alloud to re-arm windows beta upto 120 days max, search on google and Microsoft will give you the DOS command to reset the timelimit or run command.

The OS will only allow 3 then lockup :)

If you do about Windows, it will tell you how many re-arms you have left.

But it's going publically so you wont have to do this.

Edited by atleeit

It's a public beta. :)

Well that is great news. From what I've been hearing and reading of Windows 7, I think I'm going like it..... a lot, even more so than Vista. :D

However I am unable to register on the connect site at the time, I'm getting errors galore and it displays the IIS error page saying I'm not authorized to access that page, if I refresh the page then I can load it fine but am still unable to register for connect.

legally you are alloud to re-arm windows beta upto 120 days max, search on google and Microsoft will give you the DOS command to reset the timelimit or run command.

The OS will only allow 3 then lockup :)

If you do about Windows, it will tell you how many re-arms you have left.

But it's going publically so you wont have to do this.

I thought the official beta will come with some type of time limited key, so you won't need to re-arm the install? :s

Nearly no one is able to go on connect... Proably because its the 7th over here in AUS ^^

Something tells me there won't be a release until after midnight, possibly eastern standard time, that is if the public beta is actually scheduled for the 7th..

2r4hnnr.jpg

No errors for me ;)

Had to use IE7...

However I only have one thing on my dashboard, the Visual Studio Registration benefits where you have multiple things, where can I find beta programs to join and participate in?

this is a public beta so i don't think you need an invite do you ?

The public beta would probably be distributed from the windows 7 site. It wouldn't use Connect.

well your page couldn't be displayed and I saw your wlan card reception going.

Are you serious? Wow. I dont know how my reception is going when the whole 5 bars are FULL. Thats how its displayed. Im using build 6801 fyi.

Are you serious? Wow. I dont know how my reception is going when the whole 5 bars are FULL. Thats how its displayed. Im using build 6801 fyi.

my bad, it's not good of me to jump to conclusions like that.