The New xBox?

the xbox control fits my hands well, I like the size of the console. it's no so light that ti feels like your gonna bust it if it's squeezed. sure, it might ne largger then other colsoles, but it's much better then others :)

Yea, I believe that is what they use to move the Space Shuttle to the launch pad. I remember seeing that when I went to Kennedy Space Center in Orlando, FL in the late 80's/early-90's...

How could some of you people not like how the Xbox looks. I think its a really cool looking system. If you don't like how the Xbox looks, then I don't know how you guys like the look of the PS2's and GCN's. Please tell me in DETAIL what you dislike about the look of Xbox, and tell me what you like about the look of PS2 and GCN. And if size is in your answer, then just rape yourself. Would you have bought the PS2 if it was the same size as the Xbox??

'X-Box Digital Media Edition' By Hewlett Packard. It's an Alienware case with plug ins for things a computer uses ...and a game console ..doesn't really need.

the xbox control fits my hands well, I like the size of the console. it's no so light that ti feels like your gonna bust it if it's squeezed. sure, it might ne largger then other colsoles, but it's much better then others :)

20010829l.gif

:p

I kid, I kid.

How could some of you people not like how the Xbox looks. I think its a really cool looking system. If you don't like how the Xbox looks, then I don't know how you guys like the look of the PS2's and GCN's. Please tell me in DETAIL what you dislike about the look of Xbox, and tell me what you like about the look of PS2 and GCN. And if size is in your answer, then just rape yourself. Would you have bought the PS2 if it was the same size as the Xbox??

just drop it man. can't you understand every person has his own taste? you like the look of it, cool, stick with it. just accept the fact that other people can have a different taste/preference.

did you say i'm a terrible gamer before? yes you're right, i am. i don't game a lot, in fact, haven't really spent more than 30 minutes with my ps2 for weeks. but i'm gonna get the gamecube, although i know it'll be sitting there most of the time, but i love its look. get the point? some people will just buy something for the look of it. :) and will also ignore the thing that he/she finds ugly. :p

just enjoy your xbox man, why do you care so much about people disliking the appearance of it? what matters is you like it. just like a lot of people find gamecube is kiddy, gamecube games are for kids, well i don't care, i think it's elegant. :)

I'll tell you why I do not like the X-Box.

Reason Number 1 : I hate green. I know the system may perform just fine, but I absolute dispise that ...gel ...THING ..on the top of it!!

Reason Number 2 : When you live in a college dorm, space is important. X-Box takes too much of it between the controllers and the console.

Reason Number 3 : Genre of games. X-Box may be a fine system, but it does not have the same TYPE of games that PS2 and GCN have. Similarly, the PS2 has a lot of TYPES of games that the GCN doesn't have. It's a preference issue. If I absolutely have no interest in First Person Shooters Military Style, then naturally I'd dispise the X-Box! After all, That's what a very big majority of it's games are! They're good games, but they are still mostly on the X-Box and PS2. However the XBox has pretty much zilch in the area of RPG's right now. And if it has some, then I'm very, very, very uninformed, because I at least TRY to keep up with what's out there to a reasonable extent.

Reason Number 4 : Being someone who doesn't enjoy the military type/FPS and gun games, I find little use for two analog sticks. I can plainly see the effectiveness for them in those types of games, but I am perfectly satisfied with just one for moving things around, or at least just using the second for the camera.

Reason Number 5 : The 'plugs' on the controllers. You know, the things where if you pull it out of the system, it pauses the game? Great Idea! It's actually very innovative and useful ...if you're the type that bounces out of your seat a lot. I am a calm gamer. I do not really move around enough to typically do this ...soo ..to me ..it's just 'extra cable clutter'.

Reason Number 6 : You have to BUY the DVD Remote to play DVD's. . . what kind of a deal is that? That's like saying you can't operate your TV from the unit itself!

Reason Number 7 : Built in Hard Drive. Yes, it IS useful, I will never discount that, however I, again, have no use for it. I'm not the type that really minds if my game takes a few moments longer to load, and to be quite frank, I don't mind buying Memory cards. I don't plan to pay for online gaming, so it's useless to me there, and I don't think games should NEED to be 'patched' to work properly. The bugs should be kinked out of the system before it's released.

Reason Number 8 : Wavebird Wireless Controller for the Nintendo GameCube. I think that says plenty. Now, there may well be a Microsoft licensed Wireless controller, but I am yet to see it. But then again, I don't really know how many peripherals are actually out there for Any of the current systems, so I'm not the most reliable source in this aspect.

Reason Number 9 : Microsoft Tech Support.

Reason Number 10 : If we didn't gripe about the X-Box, what in the world would we gripe about?

My 2 cents:

I think they should make the xbox bigger also MS should come out with a custom OS for xbox that can run some of MS apps like windows media player,notepad,and maybe through in a web browser. They could also have expansion bays for another hd and memory and uhhhhh you see where I'm going with this right?...

Microsoft need to go ahead make xbox an inexpensive mini-pc that allows you use key pc features and the ability to play pc AND xbox games.

I mean I already consider my xbox as a PC. Why? Because I'm one of many who modded the hell out of my xbox. I added a 120gb harddrive in which I have my movies,mp3s,and 34 games on it. Also instead of MS bitching at 3rd party software developers for xbox, Why not offer them a job? that way they can both get paid for future software advancements such as later versions of xbox media player,that linux for xbox,and maybe even Evolution X . As far as "mod-chipping" goes, it can stay illegal and I dont think MS should ever support the manufacturing of them , But instead make xbox so that it dont need an chip to use 3rd party software to begin with.

I'm not gonna bother explaining why I think the Xbox case design sucks b/c it's like talking to a brick wall. Just put it this way...I think game consoles should be as small and compact as possible. There are time when I wanna take my system to a friends house without having to use a forklift to move it (sarcasim). With my GCN I can just put my games in a small GCN game case wallet, put them in a pastic bag along with the cables and controllers and hold the GCN in my other hand...now THATS portable!

My 2 cents:

I think they should make the xbox bigger also MS should come out with a custom OS for xbox that can run some of MS apps like windows media player,notepad,and maybe through in a web browser. They could also have expansion bays for another hd and memory and uhhhhh you see where I'm going with this right?...

Microsoft need to go ahead make xbox an inexpensive mini-pc that allows you use key pc features and the ability to play pc AND xbox games.

I mean I already consider my xbox as a PC. Why? Because I'm one of many who modded the hell out of my xbox. I added a 120gb harddrive in which I have my movies,mp3s,and 34 games on it. Also instead of MS bitching at 3rd party software developers for xbox, Why not offer them a job? that way they can both get paid for future software advancements such as later versions of xbox media player,that linux for xbox,and maybe even Evolution X . As far as "mod-chipping" goes, it can stay illegal and I dont think MS should ever support the manufacturing of them , But instead make xbox so that it dont need an chip to use 3rd party software to begin with.

bigger?? haha, thats the funniest thing I've heard all day

I bet in about 10-15 years from now we'd all be happy when we be walking around with our xbox in our back pockets eh? I mean everything gets compact sooner or later. Take the original Nintendo and the gameboy advance for example,look back at the size of the system then and then look forward on how small the gameboy advance is today and it's has better graphics then the original nintendo. I give us 20 years and we will have portable games with graphics just as good as xbox. We can say hello Memory-Sticks and good-bye to cd and dvd, they arent gonna last long their just too big. The way technology is growing, you better believe they gonna find away to get alot of storage on way smaller media.

you want portability?

I just throw my xbox in a backpack with the cables and controllers. All games and necessary software are on the HDD, and I did a little mod with clips on the back that hold the cables folded up for transport. Piece of cake.

You make some good points, but the time is now for systems to start changing. Already games are getting smaller and newer technologies are being invented every day. The idea about a XBox/PC combo is just a bad idea. I use my PC for games, internet and thats it. I would use my XBox for gaming and thats it. Its a game console, meant to play games.