Error installing Windows 7 - 0x80070037

I am having big problems installing Windows 7 (64bit). I have Vista as my main OS on one drive, and I have another spare one, so I formatted it, burnt the 7 iso (one from a dodgy source before the 9th), and I got an error whilst installing. Now I have got the "official" iso from MS website, and a key etc, tried installing and got another error. The error code was 0x80070037. I have googled but found nothing related to installation errors or Windows 7 at all.

I burnt the iso using DVD Decrypter, at 2x onto Verbatim dvd-r's. Has anyone else experienced similar problems, are there any solutions, or things I can try? Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, first remove all external devices!

Try again!

If that does not work then I suggest you either

burn it to another disk or use IMGburn at 1x

REMEMBER TO REMOVE ALL EXTERNAL DEVICES YOU DO NOT NEED

Ok, first remove all external devices!

Try again!

If that does not work then I suggest you either

burn it to another disk or use IMGburn at 1x

REMEMBER TO REMOVE ALL EXTERNAL DEVICES YOU DO NOT NEED

Ok, im going to unplug my vista drive and try that too. Got a usb wifi adapter and external hard drive so will unplug those too. Cannot burn at 1x, 2x is the lowest, but will try to reburn if no luck this time. Thanks for the help

Very odd - I had "bugged" a related error (80070037) as far back as Vista Build 5308, which continued until Build 5728!

I had to do either of the following methods to get a working Install:

note: do not burn to re-writable media - only to DVD-R or DVD+R!

1) Mount the image with software that will allow you to mount disc images as actual drives (Virtual Discs), such as Alcohol 120

2) Find a media burning program that will allow you to burn at 1x - not 2x or 2.4x but pure 1x.

Option 1 will always work, but then you have no physical media.

If you really want Option 2 (as most do), then you must either get software that will force your DVD burner to burn at 1x, or get a newer IDE DVD Burner with software that you can in fact force to burn at 1x - do not use EXTERNAL burners![/]

Yes, I know that using DVD-R or DVD+R is probably not the preferred choice (per unit expense if the burn fails), but it's worth the extra $.

Other things before burning:

- Remember to have all unnesessary storage devices removed.

- Remember to make sure that your IDE Cable to your DVD Drive is an 80-conductor (UDMA) cable, and that there are no other IDE devices on the same IDE Cable - making your DVD Drive as Master/Single on the Secondary IDE Controller and the drive you're installing to as the Master/Single on the Primary IDE Controller.

Good Luck!

--ScottKin

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice ScottKin.

I have a S-ATA DVD burner. I have been using DVD-R discs to burn it too. I will try completely redownloading and checking the MD5 hash before burning again.

I tried again today, I didnt unplug my Vista drive, but unplugged all unnecessary devices, hard drive, wifi adapter etc. However this time it came up with error code 0x80070002.

I was going to try mounting the image, but surely when the system reboots during install, it wont find the virtual drive? I thought you could never use a virtual drive to install an OS? Unless you know something I dont... Will Daemon Tools work or only Alcohol 120?