Why is the SB600 Flash so Expensive?

So, I thought about getting the Nikon SB600 for my camera, but at ?147 it was a bit more expensive than I wanted to pay.

However, the SB900 was due out, therefore surely the 600 model would surely go down in price a lot?

But no! It is now selling ?10 more than before!

Does anyone know why this is?

So, I thought about getting the Nikon SB600 for my camera, but at ?147 it was a bit more expensive than I wanted to pay.

However, the SB900 was due out, therefore surely the 600 model would surely go down in price a lot?

But no! It is now selling ?10 more than before!

Does anyone know why this is?

The SB600 is like an entry level flash. Where as the SB900 would be more pro. Although the SB900 is now for sale it wont bring the price of the 600 down because they're two different classes. ?147 does sound about right, they're selling for about $269cnd here. When i bought my SB600 it was around $320..so it has gone down in price, just not a lot.

Wow... they're only $180USD here.

But ya, the SB600 and SB900 aren't on the same plane. It'd be like the new D3x bringing down the price of a D90; not gunna happen.

I now buy all my gear used; saves me at least 20% off the normal price. Give it a try.

In december, I got an SB800 in perfect condition for $200 cash; no sales tax or shipping. It's normally ~$330 on amazon.com

Used photo stuff is great. In fact, the only thing new I have bought was the Canon 40D body and the memory card. All of my lenses are pre-owned, saving me hundreds of dollars

You want to buy one? I have an SB600, Not sure if I still have the bag for it, though I can look for it. I'm thinking of upgrading to either the 900 or 800, let me know if you're interested, and make a reasonable offer. It's in pretty good condition, I can take pictures of it later tonight after work. If there are any scratches on it, they're very very minor, I've only used it a handful of times, as I normally don't shoot events, and when I do portraits I use studio strobes. Make me an offer and I'll see if I'm interested.